Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was i hacked?

• 27-06-2011 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭

My son was playing black ops online the other day and on a couple of occasions the online play was mysteriously disconnected and then he was unable to log bak in.

He claims someone else got into the account and changed the log in details. He then spent some time and twice he had to make a new account and anyway he claims someone got into our account, purchased microsoft pooints to the value of in excess of €60.

I noticed when i received two automated email receipts from microsoft.

I emailed Microsoft and they said i would have to call them on the phone but the numbers given to me are not working.

Can anyone please advise me and offer a number that works from Ireland?

Has this happened anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hes having issues logging in?

Can you give me the exact error?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If your credit card number is retained on the xbox live account is it possible that your son actually debited your card for the Microsoft Points?

Anyways,
    Phone assistance is available.

Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00
    Saturday: 09:00-20:00
    Sunday: 09:00-17:00

Phone numbers

+353 12420758 or 1 800 509 186
    Hearing Impaired (TTY device): 1 800 509 197

http://support.xbox.com/en-ie/pages/call-us.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

It's very unlikely that someone hacked into his account, unaided. In order for them to do that, he would have had to give out his email address and password. Far more likely that he's trying to pull a quick one on you. Kids eh :rolleyes:

However, there is a remote chance that he was hacked, so before grounding him till the next millenium or sending him down the mines to recoup the cash, confirm with MS exactly what was purchased and from which console. A quick look through the downloaded content on the HDD, might reveal said purchase.

My gut feeling is that he's either pulling a quick one or he's stupidly handing out his account details to spammers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

It's very unlikely that someone hacked into his account, unaided. In order for them to do that, he would have had to give out his email address and password. Far more likely that he's trying to pull a quick one on you. Kids eh :rolleyes:

However, there is a remote chance that he was hacked, so before grounding him till the next millenium or sending him down the mines to recoup the cash, confirm with MS exactly what was purchased and from which console. A quick look through the downloaded content on the HDD, might reveal said purchase.

My gut feeling is that he's either pulling a quick one or he's stupidly handing out his account details to spammers.
    I agree, maybe he gave his login details out to someone who promised him some prestige on Call of Duty, I seem to be getting extra messages off these kind of people lately, bunch of jokers. OP ask your son if he has done this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

If you call the support they are perfectly able to tell you when the points were purchased, for how much and even if they were used to purchase something.

Is he still able to log in on his account ?

• Advertisement

If hes getting login errors and there are charges on your account chances are hes been hacked, call support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

It's impossible to HACK into an Xbox account. It's possible with Lulzsec, your sons email address and password have been leaked and picked up via a third party site, codemasters, Sony, Bethesda etc, but this is a very small chance.

The only way to 'HACK' somebodys account, is if the account holder gives out an email address and password, as has been said by previous posters.

Well thats the general term for it, not literal meaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Just to let you all know Microsoft conducted a investigation and the results are yes someone got into my account and purchased E72 worth of Microsoft points under another email address.

My account is now back and I was refunded the E72.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

Thats good to hear. Normally this occurs due to a RAT/Stealer on your PC that recorded xbox/hotmail login and then they used that to purchase the items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i actuoly just got a phone call from AIB. was told to confirm the purchases on my account. all was okay untill they came to 70eu on xbox live!

i was like wtf?! so they are changing my card details and sending out new ones.

i havent loged on xbox for months now! will my password be changed
    i was told i will get that refunded, but do i still contact xbox?

i cant even check my statement online, as my visa got dissabled on internet banking.

just called MS there. A lad from dublin picked up phone and was super helpfull and patient. foreign names and stupig gamer tag names are not the easyest things lol.

so somebody bought all those points on my account and used it to play with it.

they got investigation up. so it will be reset.

Yup, should take about 2 weeks to get you back up and running.

**** little ****s actuolly took over my windows live id I think.

They even changed in Chinese secret question. I can't remove email from account as I need to have accses to that email. Which is ofc hacked...

When they send all the restart thing will I be able to reset everything? Even emails etc?

Really damn annoyed with this.

They'll reclaim your windows live ID and reset anything that was changed.

Advertisement