Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

coolbox 30% off halfords

• 27-06-2011 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭

Was looking for a 40l plus coolbox on ebay and discovered that they are 30% off at halfords at the moment which makes them around the same price as buying one online. Handier to walk into a shop and get one expecially if it packs up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

paddyp wrote: »
    Was looking for a 40l plus coolbox on ebay and discovered that they are 30% off at halfords at the moment which makes them around the same price as buyisng one online. Handier to walk into a shop and get one expecially if it packs up.
    Some going into lidl this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Was looking for a 40l plus coolbox on ebay and discovered that they are 30% off at halfords at the moment which makes them around the same price as buyisng one online. Handier to walk into a shop and get one expecially if it packs up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Cheers, my da got the lidl one in the warehouse sale for 27 euro or thereabouts its a grand job you gotta love the 3 year warranty. The lidl one being too short for a 2 litre bottle is a deal breaker for lots of people - doesn't bother me.

The reason I posted about the halfords one was that I found the extra 10l in my friends 40l one provided a more usable space. Also the halfords 40l is dual voltage which adds to the price of any cooler. At €110 its not a fabulous bargain or anything but its decent for Irish bricks and mortar especially considering the season. The same cooler is about £80 sterling on ebay plus delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Cheers, my da got the lidl one in the warehouse sale for 27 euro or thereabouts its a grand job you gotta love the 3 year warranty. The lidl one being too short for a 2 litre bottle is a deal breaker for lots of people - doesn't bother me.
    Admittedly it's a couple of years old at this stage, so there could've been a design change, but our lidl coolbox fits two litre bottles in stood up.

We got it pre campervan, but it's working so well we ditched any thoughts on spending big bucks on a fridge - 12volt for travelling, and then plug it in when we're on hook up. Only slight issue is the fan noise at night, but once it's kept closed it's fine overnight.

Advertisement