Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prickly heat

Options
  • 27-06-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭

Hi, has anyone any advice on how to stop the itch from prickly heat in kids with sensitive skin. Many thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

alie wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone any advice on how to stop the itch from prickly heat in kids with sensitive skin. Many thanks in advance:)

What age?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The only thing that works for me (on me! not my kids ) is a mild antihistamine... maybe ask your pharmacist they might be able to give you something OTC, failing that to the doctor!

Eurax body lotion (not the cream) is very good...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I used to have to ice my feet when i got prickly heat on them. then aloe verA gel from the fridge! lots of sun cream helped prevent it and would help it not get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

For some reason I only ever got this when I was in Greece but talcum powder worked for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Mild anti-histamine here too. Speak to a pharmacist and he/she can recommend something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Antihistamine for the itch.

Don't use oil based creams as these will only further clog the already clogged sweat glands that cause the rash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Thank you all, i was going to try aloe vera as its supposed to be an all rounder, My daughter is 13 but has very sensitive skin, shes whacked out of it on antihistamines , they arent doing anything just making her sleep. Eurax is a no-no, its highly perfumed and she had a reaction to it before. I asked in the chemist and they gave me antisan cream but didnt do much so have her plastered in breadsoda paste!

alie wrote: »
    Thank you all, i was going to try aloe vera as its supposed to be an all rounder, My daughter is 13 but has very sensitive skin, shes whacked out of it on antihistamines , they arent doing anything just making her sleep. Eurax is a no-no, its highly perfumed and she had a reaction to it before. I asked in the chemist and they gave me antisan cream but didnt do much so have her plastered in breadsoda paste!

Ah god love her :(

Have you tried good old fashioned calamine lotion?

Yep , have it in the fridge, it usually works but this time it had no effect, red raised angry patches on her legs in particular, i think i might go around to the doctor, maybe its an allergy,

• Advertisement

Awww god.... best to go round with her.

Hope she gets some relief soon :)

Went to the doctor and he thinks its a reaction to voltorol, she uses this for her back, so now on clarityn tabs and they seem to have worked, its not gone but the itch has been relieved, many thanks everyone

Advertisement