Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm in Australia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Storm 10 wrote: »

* packs bags.... * ... Im moving to OZ lads! :D
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I love Youtube. How did I get from watching that storm video to watching an ice hockey player get his throat slashed by another guy's blades. Weather is so unpredictable. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Wow... Sitting on the porch with a few beers watching that... heaven:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Damn.:( now that's what i call a thunderstorm!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Excellent video... for all the very young pups on here, that was very similar to July 85.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thebiglewbowski

Dublin 2003 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Danno wrote: »
    Excellent video... for all the very young pups on here, that was very similar to July 85.

It was, except our storm went on all night! Will never forget that night, was too young at 10 to appreciate how rare an event like that is in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

djhaxman wrote: »
    It was, except our storm went on all night! Will never forget that night, was too young at 10 to appreciate how rare an event like that is in Ireland.

I Cant believe that! , wish i could of experienced it!
    Even in america we didnt get a thunderstorm like that... constant flashes yes , but feck all thunder! :(

Wish i could go on the net weathers Arizona's chase in August! :(... lightning heaven !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Iancar29 wrote: »
    I Cant believe that! , wish i could of experienced it!
    Even in america we didnt get a thunderstorm like that... constant flashes yes , but feck all thunder! :(

Wish i could go on the net weathers Arizona's chase in August! :(... lightning heaven !

Yeah, there's a thread about that storm on the board here.

This is one of my favourite lightning videos at the minute (don't want to hijack the thread but didn't want to start another one either) - the noise of the thunder is up there with the best I've heard on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Storm 10

At 1.17 on the tape see the small ball lightning that goes from left to right at the bottom of the picture follwed by a large lightning flash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Looks more like a fire fly than Ball L.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Nabber wrote: »
    Looks more like a fire fly than Ball L.

If it is he is a very fast fly :D, I saw another lightning show on utube and it showed small balls of lightning like they one in the video. Check it out on the link here, loads of little balls of lightning going from left to right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ioN-3UWYrY

Advertisement