Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting hardwareversand.de

Options
  • 27-06-2011 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I am about to place an order with these guys. I am happy with the components they have in stock, and happy with the price. I banged off an email this morning to their information@ email address with some pre-sales queries. I would have thought that they would be jumping at responding to a a qualified lead, but nothing yet apart from a Deutsch automated response with my "ticket number".

So in summary, what's your customer service experience been like with them?

I would happily go elsewhere if I could get the same price on the same components, but no luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Slim Shady

Never heard of them. If you tell me a list of the parts I have a very good friend in the computer business who might be able to get you a good price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

So in summary, what's your customer service experience been like with them?

While I haven't bought much from them (Only RAM and a dualcore), I got the shtuff after about a week-ish. Didn't need to complain, everything worked fine, and the stuff turned out to be a lot cheaper than anywhere else.
    Slim Shady wrote: »
    Never heard of them.

Lurk moar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Never heard of them. If you tell me a list of the parts I have a very good friend in the computer business who might be able to get you a good price.
    lol. they have a pretty good reputation on this forum. personally, ive assisted them in getting over €4k worth of business.

and no offence, but i highly doubt a friend of yours in a computer business is going to get any better prices than them. if (s)he can, ive got €1400 im willing to throw your way?

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    lol. they have a pretty good reputation on this forum. personally, ive assisted them in getting over €4k worth of business.

and no offence, but i highly doubt a friend of yours in a computer business is going to get any better prices than them. if (s)he can, ive got €1400 im willing to throw your way?

Say what you need, and ill get in contact. If you want my email address pm me.

P.S. What does "lurk moar" mean?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tea_Bag wrote: »

well depends where they work tbh! I'd be wary of new posters claiming such though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

10 post user offering cheap parts from a friend of a friend. Sounds pretty dodgy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Say what you need, and ill get in contact. If you want my email address pm me.

P.S. What does "lurk moar" mean?
    i dunno, give the guy a chance :)

this is pretty much what i need:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056311131

actually, ill be changing that GTX580 to the palit GTX580 3gb.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

you've more chance of him being eminem than being legit imo :pac:

Look I can see you don't like new posters trying to get a guy a better deal. Fine i'll remember that. If you want to contact my friend, his email is "alex(at)advancedcomputerspares(dot)com"
    And Tar I would love to be able to rap like Eminem but unfortunatly I can't. Theres not need to make fun of my my offer, I was only trying to be a good member of the comunity and help someone out.

oh and thank you Tea Bag for being so friendly unlike some others.

• Advertisement

http://www.advancedcomputerspares.com/ - Site is under construction :P

I never said anything about a website did I? Anyways he said that will be up by friday.

I am currently dealing with them. I bought a graphics card from them for about €250. A week later i see nothing about shipping. I paid about 30 for shipping. So i emailed them and asked them an estimated time .

The reply

Unfortunately we have to tell you that the delivery date for the article is unknown. Therefore we are not able to give you an exact delivery date.

So i emailed back asking , if it was 1 week , 2 weeks or 3 weeks.

Reply ..............

we are sorry. There is no expected date.

Best regards

So then i changed my order for another card. I paid the extra 7 euro and they will not return any emails to me. I am over 2 weeks now and i do not know if i am getting what i ordered.

They aren't great with emails, best thing to do is call them up and ask for a English speaking rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Yeah I u-turned & took my business elsewhere. Apart from them not responding to my email I went to place my order. The order process is a load of balls. If they offer English, why have half in English & half Deutsch. So I said to hell with that. They might be cheap, but the hassle makes up for it IMO.

Anyway I paid about €40 more but at least I have a tracking code and can see my components are already on the way. These components are for work so I can't afford to be messing about with incompetency.

Wow , i ordered 2 weeks ago now and i do not know were my item is or if i am even getting it. It was in stock when i ordered. (obviously) wasnt. Its also an emergency as i have no PC at the moment !!

Wow , i ordered 2 weeks ago now and i do not know were my item is or if i am even getting it. It was in stock when i ordered. (obviously) wasnt. Its also an emergency as i have no PC at the moment !!
    I'm sorry to hear that. I was more considering hardwareversand purely because it's a household name on boards and seems to be referenced quite a bit. I'm sure if I asked about literally any supplier I'd have threads full of mixed reactions. I'm also sure, given enough cases we'd find plenty of people on here that have had and will have good experiences with them.

To be honest even if my order had nothing to do with work, I'd still expect my chosen supplier to be on the ball. There is only one e-Retailer than has never EVER let me down and that's Amazon.co.uk (not Amazon Marketplace). There was this one time (not at band camp) I ordered some books. The postman forced them in the letterbox and tore the packaging and subsequently the cover of a book. I heard it happen, while I was upstairs in the house. Anyhow, I got back in touch with them. They (within hours) told me to donate the book to a local library and that they had already dispatched another copy without any fuss. I didn't even expect that level of service, yet that's what I got.....and that was during December!. Now that's how you look after a customer. You hear so many businesses go on about being driven to exceed customer expectations, yet that's one of the only times I can think of that I saw just that. In return I have been buying from them for years and also use their cloud technology in work. They are not the cheapest, but for a lot of things they are.

None of this "will I or won't I be getting my stuff soon?". Bargains that never arrive cost you infinitely more. e-Retailers need to establish trust with their customers & not leave them questioning their decisions.

I rang them today about the order. They told me the card was discontinued !!

They at least could have told me . I actually changed my order to another card and thats also discontinued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭blodvyn

Personally I use overclockers.co.uk

pc comes in about 3-4 days, sure a little more expensive, but its always built and clocked to perfection, good customer support and a nice tracking order to boot.

They are sold out of the Card i want also .

Asus ATI Radeon HD 6950 OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card [EAH6950/2DI2S/2GD5]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

blodvyn wrote: »
    Personally I use overclockers.co.uk

pc comes in about 3-4 days, sure a little more expensive, but its always built and clocked to perfection, good customer support and a nice tracking order to boot.

how are delevery charges with them?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-185-XF&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1515

77pounds is a steel for it.

sorry for offtopic.

I've had a positive experience with Overclockers.co.uk. Have ordered "in stock" components from them twice and both orders arrived about 1 week later.

On a aside, since I mailed hardwareversand.de with some pre-order questions, I've taken my business elsewhere and the components arrived in the mail today from UK (within 72 hours of placing my order). I am still waiting for hardwareversand.de to reply to any of my emails, nevermind actually process an order.

Based on that experience I will never use them. Having to break away from convention & reliability for the sake of about a 10% - 15% in saving, is not worth it IMO. What a ****ing joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Revoque1

how are delevery charges with them?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-185-XF&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1515

77pounds is a steel for it.

sorry for offtopic.

With 2 day parcelpost with DPD total comes to £93.34

Thats vat @21% to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭JCW

I have to say Im thinking of buying elsewhere myself I just got my oredr email and it states "If you do not get a delivery confirmation or a delivery within two weeks, you are not bound to your order." but I wont get this until AFTER I send the money so wheres my comeback??Also the case I wanted was out of stock so I left it off my order and planned to buy it elsewhere now its back in stock do ya's recken it would be better to just make a new order?

I rang them today , i got a woman speaking German,

Do you speak English ?

More German talk .

Do you speak English ?

Hang up .:mad:

Just getting Angry now as i need a new graphics card and i cannot even get a straight answer.

I have asked for a refund but they sent me a mail saying ,

But your Order has been changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I got a reply today , saying i am getting a refund. I have not recieved it yet. But right now its bitter sweet as i need a new GFX card. I ahve a lend from a friend which is not very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 daba

I am currently dealing with them. I bought a graphics card from them for about €250. A week later i see nothing about shipping. I paid about 30 for shipping. So i emailed them and asked them an estimated time .

The reply

Unfortunately we have to tell you that the delivery date for the article is unknown. Therefore we are not able to give you an exact delivery date.

So i emailed back asking , if it was 1 week , 2 weeks or 3 weeks.

Reply ..............

we are sorry. There is no expected date.

Best regards

So then i changed my order for another card. I paid the extra 7 euro and they will not return any emails to me. I am over 2 weeks now and i do not know if i am getting what i ordered.[/QUOTE

Hi Dre as in Dray
    actually i have the same situation , this is a nightmare and i hate this german site i will not spend a penny there again and i will do my best to advice against it , i was waiting for almost 2 weeks now and heared nothing from them , i must have spent a fortune on international fone calls , but no one is talking to me , they either hangup on me or ask me to call back again tomorow . this is becoming a nightmare . how did you solve your issue with them ?? i hope you did

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I'm in the process of buying a full rig from overclockers. I was going to go with Hardwareverseand but my brother is having awful troubles with an RMA.

When I ordered with overclockers I realised that I was getting it shipped to my home address when I meant to get it shipped to work address. I opened a web ticket but I got the "shipped" email very shortly after I ordered. An hour or two later a rep emailed me saying he couldn't really do anything but to ring a certain number and see could they help. Got through to a very helpful adrian who said they generally can't chance the address for first time buyers but he would get in touch with the shipment company (DPD) and ask them to deliver to the new address.

I'll let you know how that goes, I ordered yesterday.

• Advertisement

Hey Slaan , I am still not sorted. I am yet to receive a refund. I have a friend who is German trying to call them now. We are currently having trouble getting through.
    If you are replying by email, it takes day's for a reply. I have noticed that they use a ticket system. So its best to send new Emails every time.

I need my money back so i can order my new card. Fingers crossed i get it soon.

Advertisement