Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

went for 2 interviews...heard nothing.

Options
  • 27-06-2011 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hey guys. I went for an interview as a graduate developer which i was looking forward to as i have been working in a support role for almost 4 years and really wanted to get into development. My interview was on Thursday 9th of June it went very well. The guys that were interviewing me, i got on quite well with them. The next day the girl in the office emailed me and asked me to come in for a 2nd interview which i gladly accepted and came in on the Tuesday after. This time it was me and the Director. It went well we talked for quite a while and said he got good feedback off the other two guys about me, that i was keen etc. At the end he said they'd be in touch but i've heard nothing...I emailed and i left a voicemail with the girl i was corresponding with. Could they still be interviewing people? I thought they could have at least called me back to let me know. Is this unprofessional on their part?
    I was thinking of trying to get in contact with the director to see why i wasn't given feedback yet. good or bad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

In my experience the amount of time it takes a company to get back to you depends on the size of that company. I would say give it about a month and if you hear nothing then send them another email, they probably have a couple more interviews to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

The last time I went job-hunting I made sure to get feedback on interviews I did by making follow-up phone calls every day. Try and call first thing in the morning before people start properly into their day's work. If you wait for them to call you or reply to an e-mail you will most likely be waiting a long time if not forever. Depending on the job there could be hundreds of unsuccessful candidates (admittedly it's unlikely that too many got to the second interview stage) so most people won't have the time to respond to each applicant individually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bf2000ie

When I finished college I had the exact same experience. Went for an interview and a classmate had an interview immediately after me.
    It was a smallish company so they were only hiring 2 people. They rang me later the same day as the interview and asked if I would be available a few days after. Of course I went when they asked.
    Met the director/ owner of the company and the main investor for a 'casual talk'. They straight out told me they were hiring 2 people and they liked me and my classmate. They proceeded to ask me about him and later I found out they asked him about me. They said they would get back to me in no more than 10 days.
    2 weeks later, after hearing nothing, I rang them and some woman said they werent hiring anymore. The very next day they were in the paper for some innovation prize. They ran the interviews to show 'growth' or at least the intention of growth.

I wouldnt be surprised if this is a common practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Bob_Latchford

The decision makers should be back to you sharpish if they want you after seeing all applicants they want to see. Obviously in large companies there might be bureaucracy added to that

Way I see it is if they arent proffessional in the way they treat prospective employees then there is good chance they are not professional about how they treat their actual employees. So you might be dodging a bullet by not hearing anything.

No harm ringing them up and asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

Thanks for the input lads.
    Rang them already last Friday.Left a voicemail. No reply.
    Feck them. i'll just keep lookin

• Advertisement
Advertisement