Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airbus A380-800 Question.

Options
  • 27-06-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the plug sockets are like ?

And could someone suggest an adapter that will work with my mac?

Cheers Lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭n900guy

ASOT wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the plug sockets are like ?

And could someone suggest an adapter that will work with my mac?

Cheers Lads.

Check SeatGuru.com and browse by plane type or airline. It will explain what power sockets, legroom, type of chargers USB, etc., for each seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

n900guy wrote: »
    Check SeatGuru.com and browse by plane type or airline. It will explain what power sockets, legroom, type of chargers USB, etc., for each seat.

I have done thats why im asking for someone with first hand experience to explain to me what type of socket it is and what adapter i would need. Its just a tad confusing to work out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

When I travelled with Qantas on the A380 it had the standard Aussie plug, best bet is to take a plug adapter with you if flying on a different airline. It also had USB power too.

Stinicker wrote: »
    When I travelled with Qantas on the A380 it had the standard Aussie plug, best bet is to take a plug adapter with you if flying on a different airline. It also had USB power too.

Ah grand thats who im traveling with. So i should be fine with one of them adapter plugs ? Im flying from london to singapore if that makes a difference but its with qantas.

Ah grand thats who im traveling with. So i should be fine with one of them adapter plugs ? Im flying from london to singapore if that makes a difference but its with qantas.

I flew Sydney to Los Angeles with them on the A380 and it was a smooth flight and the 15 and a half hours flew by, they swap the planes around all the time so it is the same across all their A380 fleet. The plug is actually built into the seats and will take the Europlug and US two pin plugs but not Irish/UK plugs. The A380 economy seating is configured in a 3 - 4 - 3 layout and there is two plugs for the window seats and three for the centre seats.

You can see the seating map here and little back dots between the seats denote a powerpoint.

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/inflight-communications/global/en#jump2

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Qantas/Airbus-A380-842/1420332/M/
    http://www.airliners.net/photo/Qantas/Airbus-A380-842/1417312/M/

Awful seating colour though! The designer must have just changed a babys nappy when he got the inspiration!

• Advertisement

I flew Sydney to Los Angeles with them on the A380 and it was a smooth flight and the 15 and a half hours flew by, they swap the planes around all the time so it is the same across all their A380 fleet. The plug is actually built into the seats and will take the Europlug and US two pin plugs but not Irish/UK plugs. The A380 economy seating is configured in a 3 - 4 - 3 layout and there is two plugs for the window seats and three for the centre seats.

You can see the seating map here and little back dots between the seats denote a powerpoint.

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/inflight-communications/global/en#jump2

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Qantas/Airbus-A380-842/1420332/M/
    http://www.airliners.net/photo/Qantas/Airbus-A380-842/1417312/M/

Awful seating colour though! The designer must have just changed a babys nappy when he got the inspiration!

Cheers for that man, l go out and get an adapter now and i should be set :D. Cheers for the links aswel, i actually couldnt find it anywhere.

The PC power is configured to provide a maximum of output of 75 watts. If the limit is exceeded by a user, which is possible on new version PCs the power to the user will be interrupted and can only be reset on the ground.

By any chance would you know how i would find out how many watts my mac would take so i know i wont be exceeding the limit ?

Thanks again.

Cheers for that man, l go out and get an adapter now and i should be set :D. Cheers for the links aswel, i actually couldnt find it anywhere.

The PC power is configured to provide a maximum of output of 75 watts. If the limit is exceeded by a user, which is possible on new version PCs the power to the user will be interrupted and can only be reset on the ground.

By any chance would you know how i would find out how many watts my mac would take so i know i wont be exceeding the limit ?

Thanks again.

I don't know Macs that well but alot of them are rated at between 50 to 60 watts which would be fine, a rule of thumb is the smaller the screen the lower the wattage, check the mac charger (or underneath the laptop) because the wattage of every product has to be listed on it under EU regulations.

This charger is rated at 85watts so there should be similar labeling on your charger.

I don't know Macs that well but alot of them are rated at between 50 to 60 watts which would be fine, a rule of thumb is the smaller the screen the lower the wattage, check the mac charger (or underneath the laptop) because the wattage of every product has to be listed on it under EU regulations.

This charger is rated at 85watts so there should be similar labeling on your charger.

Its a 60watt charger mate sound :)

Should be good to go now, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

The Singapore Airlines A380 is an aussie plug. Great aircraft

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

probably sounds like a stupid question, but is there internet on the planes now? and if so is it free?

• Advertisement

sponge_bob wrote: »
    probably sounds like a stupid question, but is there internet on the planes now? and if so is it free?

There was supposed to be on Qantas' A380 sponge and it wasn't free I think it was like $15 for the flight, I really wanted to use it however the connection was down or something and it didn't work on that flight and there was no Hotspot broadcasting unfortunately. I really wanted to Skype my friends from the middle of the pacific ocean through it which would be cool however it wasn't to be that time!

Advertisement