Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire resistant expanding foam

• 27-06-2011 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

I need to fill up between the flue pipe and chminey breast, about 1-2 cubic meters. The most ideal thing is expanding foam. You know tha serious stuff that expands like hell, and sticks to everything. That kinda stuff, but I need it to be fire resistant. I found something like it on the net, but it only covers about 1 cubic foot per can. It would work out pretty expensive to use that.

Does what I'm looking for exist?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I need to fill up between the flue pipe and chminey breast, about 1-2 cubic meters. The most ideal thing is expanding foam. You know tha serious stuff that expands like hell, and sticks to everything. That kinda stuff, but I need it to be fire resistant. I found something like it on the net, but it only covers about 1 cubic foot per can. It would work out pretty expensive to use that.

Does what I'm looking for exist?

Tech 7 fire resistant expanding foam.

Around 9 euro for a large cannister of it.Available from any decent builders providers.:)

P.S-I dont know if that would be ideal for using in a fireplace though?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Excellent stuff, Paddy. That's magic. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭FREDNISMO

Fire resistant foam is not for your application when the flue gets hot the foam will melt and run and stink the house, vermiculite what Nonmonotonic said is your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

FREDNISMO wrote: »
    Fire resistant foam is not for your application when the flue gets hot the foam will melt and run and stink the house, vermiculite what Nonmonotonic said is your best bet.

Does it expand also? Where I'll be using it, it will only be making contact with a twin insulated 1 meter pipe from a stove.

• Advertisement
Advertisement