Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brad Paisley Irish Tour

Options
  • 27-06-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Anyone going?

Olympia - 19th August
    Royal Theatre - 20th August
    INEC - 21st August

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

Only a week left,

Surely must be a few boardies going?
    Can't wait!!!

Anybody know the lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭daveyboynire

diarmuid05 wrote: »
    Only a week left,

Surely must be a few boardies going?
    Can't wait!!!

Anybody know the lineup?

Darius Rucker is playing Dublin but after that goes to forces bases in Italy, So I think its just Brad in Killarney and Castlebar.

Which show you going to?

I'm going to Castlebar.

Did a bit of research today and found this.

http://www.tuamherald.ie/?p=9639

So Darius might be in Castlebar as-well, he's definitely in Italy on the 21st alright.

I'm going to Castlebar.

Did a bit of research today and found this.

http://www.tuamherald.ie/?p=9639

So Darius might be in Castlebar as-well, he's definitely in Italy on the 21st alright.

Looks promising, I'm going to Castlebar aswell, I do like Darius Rucker, would be nice to see him, although on my ticket it says Brad Paisley, on a friends ticket who is going to the London gig it says Brad Paisley and friends, so guess we'll have to wait to see.

Out of interest have you been to the Royal Theater before? I booked bright an early at 8am on the morning of release thinking I might get somewhere near the stage but am stuck up on level 2 south, just hope I get a good view,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

No way...Darius as well!Please god he sings Let her cry.

Cannot wait for this gig.

Anyone know if its full Brad and full band.

• Advertisement

raven136 wrote: »
    No way...Darius as well!Please god he sings Let her cry.

Cannot wait for this gig.

Anyone know if its full Brad and full band.

He's playing London on Wednesday so we'll get a pretty good idea from that as to what to expect.

He's playing London on Wednesday so we'll get a pretty good idea from that as to what to expect.

Last time in England it was just some session country musicians.Be great if this time he brought the usual full band that he uses.
    Expect a Darius and Brad duet id say,often happens with his support act.

Cant wait for this.

Out of interest have you been to the Royal Theater before? I booked bright an early at 8am on the morning of release thinking I might get somewhere near the stage but am stuck up on level 2 south, just hope I get a good view,

Never been before but it's not that big of a venue from what i can tell.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.191350145699.168956.191326595699#!/photo.php?fbid=191350150699&set=a.191350145699.168956.191326595699&type=1&theater

View should be pretty good from anywhere.

Last time in England it was just some session country musicians.Be great if this time he brought the usual full band that he uses.
    Expect a Darius and Brad duet id say,often happens with his support act.

Cant wait for this.

Oh, I hope he brings his band, no offence to these session guys but they won't be anywhere near the same league as his own band, the guys who play the fiddle and steel are excellent, I wanna see some premier league musicians.

Never been before but it's not that big of a venue from what i can tell.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.191350145699.168956.191326595699#!/photo.php?fbid=191350150699&set=a.191350145699.168956.191326595699&type=1&theater

View should be pretty good from anywhere.

Yeah, looking good.

• Advertisement

Oh, I hope he brings his band, no offence to these session guys but they won't be anywhere near the same league as his own band, the guys who play the fiddle and steel are excellent, I wanna see some premier league musicians.

If memory serves,he had an Irish guy in the band last time in London.

If there is a support and its part of a European tour i would expect a full band.
    The olympia is a great venue for this,very easy to get very close to the front.

I have to say im surprised that he is this well known here.3 gigs here for someone not at all known in this country.
    Must be some shock to go from 50k outdoor venues to the Olympia :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 terri77

hi
    im going to castlebar and was really looking forward to seeing brad paisley and darius rucker, but have had a email saying that someone called roisin o is supporting brad and no mention of darius, aaaahhhhh, and i checked roisin o onu tube she is mary blacks daughter and in my opinion is not a good singer but i dont know what they were thinking booking her as she dosnt sing anything resembling country music, i hate her type of music,grrr will be a long hr until brad comes on.
    terri

I also heard that Roisin O is supporting Brad in Castlebar.

Pity i was looking forward to Darius :(

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=7370725&ar=bradpaisley&cat=all

I also heard that Roisin O is supporting Brad in Castlebar.

Pity i was looking forward to Darius :(

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=7370725&ar=bradpaisley&cat=all

Is it definitely Darius supporting him on the Friday gig in the Olympia.

Really cant wait and really hope its not session musicians.

Is it definitely Darius supporting him on the Friday gig in the Olympia.

Really cant wait and really hope its not session musicians.

According to his website it is.....

http://www.dariusrucker.com/upcoming

hi

yeah those going to dublin concert are getting darius rucker as well as brad, however its really looking like castlebar isnt getting him, aw well its brad paisley i really want to see so am still delighted to be getting him here, but am kindof embarressed for that roisin girl to be trying to sing before brad, i checked her stuff out on youtube and its about as far from country music as yu can get, they would of been better just having brad on his own , or some local country band to open. at least i dont have to rush getting there now as ive loads of time before hes on lol. really wish more american country artists came to ireland its the only music i love, toby keith is over in uk in oct but not here.

anyone going on fri to dublin post on here sat hw u enjoyed the concert and what tracks he did, so we know what to expect.

terri

Just saw this tweet.

@paisleyofficial up & coming Irish star Roisin O to join Brad on his 2 dates @INECKILLARNEY & @TheRoyal_Cbar this wkend bit.ly/ovBNz8

Who the hell is Roisin O? No Darius Rucker here :( And Irish country music is dire, Rosin O:rolleyes:

I agree dont know what they were thinking booking her, i will be cringing in my seat. cant wait to see brad tho.

terri

Brad's setlist from last night in London:

I just checked for Brad's set list last night & I note that Darius did join Brad for the last song along with Ronnie Wood

Mud On The Tires

Welcome To The Future

Ticks

She's Everything

Celebrity

Long Sermon

Working On a Tan

This Is Country Music

I'm Still A Guy

Waitin' On A Woman

When I Get Where I'm Going

Camouflage

The Cigar Song

Whiskey Lullaby

I'm Gonna Miss Her

Eastwood

American Saturday Night

Then

Water

Encore:
    Old Alabama

(Unknown)

(Ronnie Wood Special Guest)

Alcohol

(Ronnie Wood and Darius Rucker Guests)

thanks for that,

all my favourites are in there, roll on saturday night.

terri

• Advertisement

Just home from Castlebar....

All I can say is....

WOW.... Fantastic Show... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I'd rather catch me balls in the door...

Amazing night, What an artist, what a show, hope he comes back soon, little compilation I made from last night.

Fantastic show.Olympia sold out,the air was pretty warm!
    Darius was really good and did a super version of both Let her cry and Family tradition.

Then Brad came on,crowd knew every song and that band of his are so tight.He did a verse of Country Boy can survive!!

Played for 2.5 hours and not a dull moment,guitar solo's were all super.Hard to pick a song which was the best but Ticks,Water,This is country music,Whiskey Lullaby all stood out.
    Long Sermon was amazing to hear.And Nervous Breakdown.

An amazing performer and I really hope that this starts a long line of Country Artists coming to Ireland and England as the audience is here for them.

One other remarkable thing was the young age of the crowd.Youtube has done wonders for Country music stars.

Digging up an old thread but what's the chances of a repeat tour this year from Brad Paisley? He has announced Scandinavian dates for November, he is also touring with The Band Perry and they have already announced UK and Irish dates.

Tue 13 Nov 2012, 18:30

in the O2, Supported by the Band Perry

cant wait, tickets on sale in 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭McSween

it seems to be only toby keith who has played here other than brad paisley? in the uk there have been keith urban, terri clark but i don't think they have performed here. wonderful music all round.

I got the pre release email during the week, Not to fussed on going this year, not a big fan of Dublin, he might do what he did last year and release another couple of dates in a few weeks (I hope), if not I have already stuck seeing Brad Paisley of my bucket list.

McSween wrote: »
    it seems to be only toby keith who has played here other than brad paisley? in the uk there have been keith urban, terri clark but i don't think they have performed here. wonderful music all round.

I went to see Martina McBride a few years back at the Kings Hall Belfast, she came back and did and Irish tour the next year, We also have Lady Antebellum over this year and The Band Perry, I bet we'll see Carrie Underwood next year, With London being suck a success I can see a proper tour next year. The English are proper pissed that Brad skipped them this year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭McSween

I went to see Martina McBride a few years back at the Kings Hall Belfast, she came back and did and Irish tour the next year, We also have Lady Antebellum over this year and The Band Perry, I bet we'll see Carrie Underwood next year, With London being suck a success I can see a proper tour next year. The English are proper pissed that Brad skipped them this year :D

and rightfully so. the o2 was a sell out in london. i like loads of obscure country bands who haven't a hope of playing outside the states :). as long as there is a steel guitar and a fiddle in the band i'll most likely be interested. just back from nashville for the first time and i picked my bars with the above criteria in mind :D

i don't like lady antebellum, seems to be constant harmony in their songs.

Advertisement