Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power washer

• 27-06-2011 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some recommendations for a domestic pressure washer. Something to clean the patio and cars etc. It will get moderate use, maybe once or twice a week.

There's alot of different types out there so I'm not sure which are good and which are bad. Another thing, how important is the liters per hour and how important is the bar rating. I know what each means but how relevant the ratings to a domestic situation?
    Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I'm looking for some recommendations for a domestic pressure washer. Something to clean the patio and cars etc. It will get moderate use, maybe once or twice a week.

There's alot of different types out there so I'm not sure which are good and which are bad. Another thing, how important is the liters per hour and how important is the bar rating. I know what each means but how relevant the ratings to a domestic situation?
    Thanks for the help!

Petrol or electric?

The psi aint worth a dam if you dont have a decent liter per min rating.

An electric washer may say 2 or 3 thousand psi, but the literage will be way down on what a petrol washer will have

Put it this way, id rather a washer with a lower psi if the literage per min was higher.

Typically a cheap b & q washer at 3000 psi will be made in china with a lookalike 9 OR 13 hp honda engine andonly have 14l per min and set you back 600 quid.

Whereas a good washer with a honda enigne and an italian pump with a 13hp enigine working at 3000psi will have 21l per min

Electric washers may have 2000 psi with 8 liter per min as opposed to 14l per min with a decent petrol one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Sorry snyper, Im looking for an electric one. Good info there all the same.

You see I'm not sure how good a machine I need. I don't want anything that will strip paint off the car nor do I want anything that's crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 balfe81

Have been looking for one myself, this one here does'nt seem too bad

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Karcher-K3-550-Jubilee-Pressure-Package/dp/B0039UT446

Gonna look for a few more before I decide

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Hi
    I'm looking a getting a power washer for general use as well with some farm use (small farm with no slatted sheds)... - honestly I was shocked at the price for some of the washers out there.! I was hoping to avail of a petrol power washer that has about 3000 psi and feeds from barrel etc.... - is it possible to buy a 3000 psi power washer with a ceiling of €400?...

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Kranzle are a super washer. They are expensive but super washers

• Advertisement
Advertisement