Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyrrelstown info

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Perhaps no one is admitting it but allot of people regard certain sections of TT as a ghetto or soon to be ghettoised area. If that's true or not is not important but the preception.

Sorry to hear about that and I hope that it doesn't as it looks a nice spot. I was thinking of buying in the old area off the plans around 2000 but was afraid that amenities would not follow quickly enough, what has it got for the teens, GAA etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Apart from the sports clubs, Foroige have a full time office in Tyrrelstown. The new community centre and school (due to be completed in August) will also offer good facilities - to date, community events had to take place in the primary schools, hotel or pub, depending on the function. Funding has just been released (from the original developer levy apparently) to open soccer and basketball pitches (on the north side of the estate) - tenders have just been published for that, so I imagine it'll be a few months before those are ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Fresh2000

quick question is there gym or a leasure club available somwhere near?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Fresh2000 wrote: »
    you guys made us think about it very hard, we''ll know more after our visits there and than I have to follow my gut I guess and decide if to buy or not.

Go with your gut Fresh!

Plenty of Leisure centres/gyms within driving or cycling distance - not walking:
    The national aquatic centre (the nack :D)
    Westmanstown
    Westwood?? I think - one beside the blanch towncentre

I just have visited the place in tyrrelstown we think to buy today with wife, been there around 9:30 and we went for a walk. It was really nice, the guys in a pub were bit loud as they have smoking area on balcony, but would not affect us much, I likked big green for kids to play football and the playground there. Nice place to play with your dog as well.

Plains fly pretty often but the noice was not to big.

Overall we liked it, will visit during weekend as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Anytime im in TT it seems a decent enough place. Never saw any vandalism or hooded gangs hanging about. Usually just kids larking about. Seems a peaceful area, self contained. The Trees are really starting to mature looks well. The local bar the thirsty bull has GREAT decor. Crowd can be a bit hit and miss though imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I just have visited the place in tyrrelstown we think to buy today with wife, been there around 9:30 and we went for a walk. It was really nice, the guys in a pub were bit loud as they have smoking area on balcony, but would not affect us much, I likked big green for kids to play football and the playground there. Nice place to play with your dog as well.

Plains fly pretty often but the noice was not to big.

Overall we liked it, will visit during weekend as well.

Yes I like the big green area too. And the playground is great.

Parking in the shops area is not as mad as in Ongar, I think.

been there few more times, we really like it, the onnly thing is we are not sure how we will handle those plains flying there every 5 minutes. We have tough decision to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

You get used to the planes the same way people who live by a train line get used to the trains, they become background noise.

Sharrow wrote: »
    You get used to the planes the same way people who live by a train line get used to the trains, they become background noise.

Yeah they never bother me. Suppose I was born here so it was always there really. :p

• Advertisement

been there few more times, we really like it, the onnly thing is we are not sure how we will handle those plains flying there every 5 minutes. We have tough decision to make.

Oh cmon it's Dublin Airport! I think every 5 mins is an exaggeration! :)

Plus it is not beside Dub airport ie. They are high in the sky - it's not St Margarets with your windows shaking or anything!

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well if you had asked me this time yesterday I would have to say TT is a nice area. But after visiting last night im a bit put off. We shop there regularally and last night I saw an excess of teenage activity that had me concerned. It may just be as a result of the summer holidays or what ever but it still put me off.

First off I see a bus stoped and about 30+ youths getting kicked off by an Dub bus inspector before the bus even got to the 2nd round about. Im not sure what was happening but there seemed to be a bit of a row going on.

Then I go into the main square and there are more gangs of teen agers about 20 or so going around shouting a lot. I noticed some of the shop owners standing about watching them with concerned looks on their faces.

Perhaps it was all nothing.... but then perceptions are every thing.
    Ive been through TT dozzens of times and never say any negitive till yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I think that was football related, most had soccer gear with them, and from what I could see most of them weren't from the area, hence them all disappearing in a bus at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

Yesterday was very unusual. There must have been a soccer match. I've lived here 7 years and there have never been that many teenagers around here. There were also alot of parents collecting them from the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes it may have been a one off. Never seen it happen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

yes it may have been a one off. Never seen it happen before.

What origin were they lads???? Were they largely African?
    I might be able to shed light on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

In fairness I saw a lot of girls there too not just lads. Would it have been something to do with school or something?

tyview wrote: »
    In fairness I saw a lot of girls there too not just lads. Would it have been something to do with school or something?

The question I asked was whether the lads were largely African??? It's odd how I ask the question and the people moaning and giving out keep stum.

I'm sure they were, if someone had of confirmed I could have told you these lads play other lads, from other areas around d15 regularly. Almost like street leagues.

Nothing unusual in that and I loved playing them leagues myself.

The question I asked was whether the lads were largely African??? It's odd how I ask the question and the people moaning and giving out keep stum.

I'm sure they were, if someone had of confirmed I could have told you these lads play other lads, from other areas around d15 regularly. Almost like street leagues.

Nothing unusual in that and I loved playing them leagues myself.

:confused::confused::confused:

Eh maybe they didn't know the answer to your question. How would you know someones nationality without asking them?

And then someone just mentioned there were girls also.
    Is it a mixed league or is there a girls league as well?

amdublin wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:

Eh maybe they didn't know the answer to your question. How would you know someones nationality without asking them?

And then someone just mentioned there were girls also.
    Is it a mixed league or is there a girls league as well?

How did they not know the answer to the question? At least three posters seen the large crowd of teenagers. They seen enough to see they had football gear, that shop keepers were watching etc but they didn't know if they were African OR NOT.

Were the teenagers wearing balaclavas or something?

I never asked what nationality they were, I asked were they African.

The large, large majority of Afro TEENAGERS in this country were not born in Ireland. Kids around 10 or below were born in Ireland.

so......the last few posters who seen the crowd, was it a mixed bunch or not?

• Advertisement

Africa is a continent not a country, it is made up of about 60 different countries.

People from all those different countries have many different skin types and colour and there are plenty of dark skinned people from places other then the countries which make up the continent of Africa and as it was teens which were mentioned, they could be born here and be Irish, or have been born in any number of EU countries.
    So really, asking if they were African???

Africa is a continent not a country, it is made up of about 60 different countries.

People from all those different countries have many different skin types and colour and there are plenty of dark skinned people from places other then the countries which make up the continent of Africa and as it was teens which were mentioned, they could be born here and be Irish, or have been born in any number of EU countries.

I'm asking the previous posters who seen if the large group was African; as in Afro; as in largely black with Afro hair? Yes or no?
    Seeing as your being politically correct and technically correct and also seeing as you know quite clearly what I'm asking - let me cut to the chase. I'm asking the previous posters if the group were teenagers, most likely born on the African continent and now living in Ireland but of Sub-Saharan and most likely West African background. Nigeria for example.

If they were I can tell you the football game they were involved in. (as I already said in my first post)

If they weren't, I have no idea.

Does it matter what they were in the area for?
    Esp as they caused a dublin bus to have to pull in, call for back up and then most of them where ordered off the bus when it arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Jesus christ - give me a break... Are you ware of any other continant with black people and afro hair because I am not. perhaps aborignals from Aus is about the closest. why dont you just answer his question instead of being a pc twonk!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK, comments are getting personal and waaaay off-topic. Rein it in please, this is a thread about Tyrellstown and replies should reflect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

So two aboriginals walk into a Bar after getting thrown off a bus after Soccer practice..;)

So two aboriginals walk into a Bar after getting thrown off a bus after Soccer practice..;)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Hi chucknorris, to answer your question, yes they were.

Automan wrote: »
    Hi chucknorris, to answer your question, yes they were.

Thanks Automan, as expected.

They play around d15 quite regularly, including the corduff all-weather pitch.

Nothing more to it that teenagers being teenagers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement