Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson X8 for €100?

Options
  • 27-06-2011 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

I just heard the Sony Ericsson X8 mentioned on Newstalk FM selling here for €100 but when I check Vodafone's website they are only selling bill pay, and expansys are selling for €200+.

Anyone know where it's retailing for €100?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meteor have it for €129. I can't recall seeing it as low as €100 but I suspect it will be that price for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

You should have looked for carefully. Vodafone do have it on Prepay.

I recently got one. Decent phone, buy a spare battery if you plan to use it a lot for data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

chrislad wrote: »
    Meteor have it for €129. I can't recall seeing it as low as €100 but I suspect it will be that price for Christmas.

Thanks.

It was brought to my attention they are selling for €109 prepay with Vodafone.

I was disheartened to see it only runs Android 1.7, especially since you can get a HTC Desire for under €200 on eBay.

What do you think, worth another €90? I think I have even seem them go for cheaper than €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

dusf wrote: »
    Thanks.

It was brought to my attention they are selling for €109 prepay with Vodafone.

I was disheartened to see it only runs Android 1.7, especially since you can get a HTC Desire for under €200 on eBay.

What do you think, worth another €90? I think I have even seem them go for cheaper than €200.

It's running Android 2.1. It might have 1.6 on it, but the Meteor one, which isn't branded, is updateable out of the box to 2.1, but it's unlikely you will get one with 1.6, 2.1 will already be installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭weefarmer

I just bought one on wednesday for 79e on o2, wad an upgrade and I think new customers get it for the same price!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

ardmacha wrote: »
    You should have looked for carefully.

I recently got one. Decent phone, buy a spare battery if you plan to use it a lot for data.

Thanks, and an even cheaper price when you buy online!
    ardmacha wrote: »
    You should have looked for carefully.

Oh I did look, and my not finding it was a website design flaw.

If you goto vodafone.ie, mouse over Phones and Plans, select Android, smartphones, iPhones > Android > Sony Ericsson X8 Xperia and finally Current Vodafone pay as you go customer it should display the pre-pay option rather than just bill pay.
    chrislad wrote: »
    It's running Android 2.1. It might have 1.6 on it, but the Meteor one, which isn't branded, is updateable out of the box to 2.1, but it's unlikely you will get one with 1.6, 2.1 will already be installed.

Awesome cheers! Must have been expansys showing an older model with 1.6/1.7.

Any other good budget Androids around the corner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I think the X8 is the cheapest smart phones and/or android phone with a HVGA resolution. Phones with a lower resolution can't run all the android applications. I tried a X10mini but found the screen too small for me.

Otherwise the Galaxy Mini seems like an alternative, which has newer version of Android 2.2. But its more expensive and has a smaller screen.

The X8 seems the best cheap option. I was thinking of getting one myself.

Advertisement