Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Missing Cat Thread (Sorry!)

• 27-06-2011 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Small and skinny Female cat gone missing today around Ballybricken/Barrak Street.

She is a grey and black tabby with a white chest, stomach and paws.

She got out without her collar on.

I'm verry worried as she is an indoor cat and the last time she got outside (for just 5 minutes) she nearly got hit by a car.

Please message me ASAP if you see her, I'm frantic. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Have you a photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Not on this laptop, puppy chewed the lead for the other laptop so getting a new one in the morning. Will have a pic up by tomorrow...
    She isn't the cat that got hit down by James gate though, thank feck, just cycled down the check. So worried ):

Only pic I have of her till tomorrow,, please keep an eye out everyone, I'd be heartbroken to lose her....
    Shes very small and lender but a year old, very very well groomed and beautiful ):

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

She's adorable. I hope she's found soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Hope you find her soon OP, we have 2 kittens like your one at home on the farm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That kitten looks like the one my dog came in with yesterday in its mouth with all the blood....................................................

:p Sorry, only messing, looks like a cute little thing, hope it turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

FFS I hope you found her....feckin adorable little thing. Stay by your door and call her...when she's hungry she will return!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

jimmyw wrote: »
    That kitten looks like the one my dog came in with yesterday in its mouth with all the blood....................................................

Arent you a howl.so funny

Oddly enough my cat is called Chucken :L

Still no sign of her, that pic is of when she was a kitten, shes a year old now but very small and skinny.

Was out most the night after her, followed the sound of mews for a while and came across a kitten about 6 weeks old, was getting in over to me with chicken but some drunk fella scared it off ): Waited there till 2 am and she still wouldn't come out ): Hope she's ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm all for a joke but that is genuinely a bit mean and not the kind of post that we like here. I'd appreciate it if you toned it back in the future. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

don't you relise how easily offended people get on boards

Ah I'm not all that easy offended but I do think it's a bit slack to be saying something like that when some one is missing their pet.
    Grand though, I'd rather the thread help find my cat rather than turn into an argument...

Anyyyyyyyyyways.
    I've made a poster with updated pics, shes half asleep in most though :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

What can I say, I am a sadist:(.Firstly its a cat not a kitten, so had to be wrong there.Second, some dog to travel from Waterford to Kilkenny:P.

Have you tried the pound OP?

Yeah my mams dogs walked from Tramore to my flat in Waterford..

Haven't yet but will tomorrow, doubt shes in the pound though. People generaly don't bring cats to the pound, usually the vets or waterford animal welfare...

Hope shes back soon ):

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Amy's news yet

No news at all yet ): Was supposed to put posters up tonight but the boyfriend fell asleep for the day and never got them printed -.- It'll have to be tomorrow now ):

The fecker.

and meanwhile, on my quest for Chucken, I've found a gorgeous little creature, semi feral bit already calming down, snuggled up with me now after a good feed and a dose of wormer. Hopefully I'll be able to find her a good home :)

Kitty_Ears wrote: »
    and meanwhile, on my quest for Chucken, I've found a gorgeous little creature, semi feral bit already calming down, snuggled up with me now after a good feed and a dose of wormer. Hopefully I'll be able to find her a good home :)

I've no problem with people searching for their pet, but must you really disturb another cat that was getting along fine?

Naturally, cats are as wild as otters, hedgehogs or ducks. They just interact well with people.

I wouldnt call a small kitten who'd been mewing panicingly for two days in a row fine tbh.
    Isn't it much better for someone to take her in, clear her of all parasites and find her a loving home much better than leaving her on the streets to suffer?
    Kitten is purring away in my lap now so I'm happy.

EDIT:

Just noticed there that you said Cat.. this is actually a kitten, probably about 8 weeks old..
    I do agree that older feral cats should be left in the wild though, generally you can't tame a feral cat :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

I wouldnt call a small kitten who'd been mewing panicingly for two days in a row fine tbh.
    Isn't it much better for someone to take her in, clear her of all parasites and find her a loving home much better than leaving her on the streets to suffer?
    Kitten is purring away in my lap now so I'm happy.

EDIT:

Just noticed there that you said Cat.. this is actually a kitten, probably about 8 weeks old..
    I do agree that older feral cats should be left in the wild though, generally you can't tame a feral cat :L

I love you kitty ears! Your good deeds will be rewarded ten times over. You are right that feral cats are very tough to reign in but it is possible through the provision of sustenance to reduce their hunger. I've been feeding one for 2 years now. We have actually coaxed him into our house using turkey and roast beef. He stays for about an hour at a time and we are going to trap him and spay him this summer at our vet who has agree to provide the service for free. This little bugger has survived the past two winters here where it's been as cold as 2 degrees fareignheit and we've had blizzards of up to 34 inches in one snowfall. This fecker is a survivor!

I really hope you find that little baby of yours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Hope you find your cat soon Kitty Ears. I was in London for the week so haven't seen my two since last Thursday and can't wait to see them tomorrow when we get them back. And this from a man who always swore he hated cats! They get under your skin.

Sure why not go on a safari and fill up the zoo with elephants and giraffes?

I've no problem with people having cats as pets, but would you try capture a blackbird or robin to give it a 'caring home'?

Thanks Chelloveks :)
    Which vet did the free neutering for you out of interest? I wanted to go about setting up some kind of Trap Neuter and Release program in Waterford. The need for it here is kinda massive :L

Daysha, I was hardly going to leave a little skin and bone kitten who'd been crying and mewing round the street for the week there :L It's a different story when they're older and acustomed to the wild and will not take to humans but kittens can be homed and personally I'd rather see a kitty getting lots of love as apposed to living as a stray and adding to the stray population :)

Thanks Chelloveks :)
    Which vet did the free neutering for you out of interest? I wanted to go about setting up some kind of Trap Neuter and Release program in Waterford. The need for it here is kinda massive :L

Daysha, I was hardly going to leave a little skin and bone kitten who'd been crying and mewing round the street for the week there :L It's a different story when they're older and acustomed to the wild and will not take to humans but kittens can be homed and personally I'd rather see a kitty getting lots of love as apposed to living as a stray and adding to the stray population :)

You will have to travel a bit for chevs vet in fairness.
    The vet in carrick is supposed to be great and affordable.

Didn't even look at the location aha.

Still no sign of Chucken ): So worried.

Advertisement