Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 2247 router - Roberts Streamtime radio

Options
  • 27-06-2011 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

I have a problem that is driving me nuts! I have Roberts Streamtime internet radio. When I turn on my computer, as the computer boots up, the radio comes on! I cannot understand what is causing the radio to come on as it's a wireless connection to the router. My broadband is Vodafone home broadband. My router is a Netopia 2247. Someone suggested having a fixed wireless IP address, but I don't know how to do this. Does anyone have any other ideas what might be causing this?

Regards

Eugene

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

(Just a guess here but..)

From what I know those Roberts Streamtime internet radios can also be setup with a connection to your PC to Stream music from your PC through the Radio.

My guess is that was the PC is starting up the Music Server on the PC is connecting to the Radio and voila! - Tunes.

Go to start, run, appwiz.cpl and look for something like Music Server.. I dont know the exact name. OR Go to Start, All Programs, Startup and see if any programs are listed to start up when the PC starts. OR Check in the lower right hand corner after the PC has started up and look for something which says Music Server...

OR (I like OR today..) The Radio could just be in standby mode so when the PC boots up it connects to the Wireless Router to pick up an IP. When its checking for an IP and pings your Radio and the Radio comes out of Standby Singing to see who wants to talk to it.

Looks for some setting on the Radio around "Wireless Standby Mode" and switch it to off.

Best of luck.

Advertisement