Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Date ideas in Dublin City?

Options
  • 27-06-2011 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a first date in Dublin for this Friday evening?

We are both in our mid 20s but i am just looking for some ideas of you good folk here? :D

The standard 'go for a drink' won't cut it with her I think! :D Altho I'm sure it would after! just can't be the whole date!

It will prob be based around the city centre as it's handiest for us both.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Cheers folks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The Science Gallery is open until 8pm Tuesday to Friday, and the National Gallery is open until 8.30pm on Thursdays.

EDIT: Whoops, you said Friday, National Gallery out so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭keanooo

Olesya's on Exchequer Street for wine. I know you said "drinks won't cut it" but it is classier than going to a pub and I think dinner on a first date is too much. You can also get something small to eat if you want...

Why Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Went to a Comedy Play on my first date with herself

still together 27 years later, didn't see many more plays since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Dogs. Great bit of craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Stand-up comedy show seems to be a popular one for first dates.

Just don't sit at the front!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Stand up comedy is a bad idea imo, as is going to the cinema. The whole point of a first date is to spend some time chatting and getting to know each other. It can be a bit uncomfortable sitting watching a show/movie for two hours with someone you don't know. Save that for a later date. Obviously if you know the girl well already this doesn't apply.

For a first date with a girl you've just met going for a few drinks really is the best option. Have a few outside if its a sunny evening. You could then bring her somewhere a bit classy like a tapas bar. For example http://www.porthouse.ie/

If you're determined not to 'just' have drinks then maybe the dogs as mentioned above.

This place is nice also http://www.tea-garden.eu/contact.html

Advertisement