Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boating in Glendalough?

Options
  • 27-06-2011 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Anyone done it or know if your allowed. Was down there on Sunday and there was a sign down by the beach saying no swimming but nothing about boating.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

cubix wrote: »
    Anyone done it or know if your allowed. Was down there on Sunday and there was a sign down by the beach saying no swimming but nothing about boating.

Thanks.

Hi OP. Don't even think about it.

Tried before and was given my marching orders very quickly.

HOWEVER

If you fancied a good fight they have no right to order you off the water as unless you touch the ground, you're not trespassing.

I didn't bother having that argument though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers, seems a shame as there would apprear to be some nice spots only accessable by boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

cubix wrote: »
    Cheers, seems a shame as there would apprear to be some nice spots only accessable by boat.

Glorious area alright. Personally, I'd ask the ranger or in the office. It was a few years back I had my fight :)

Advertisement