Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Playpen : Slow Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Do you have a firm handshake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Would you vote for David Norris as president?
    Have you got a hero and who is it?
    Is this a scam or not?

Is Slow Show your favourite The National song?
    (I'm expecting a yes, but I thought that you might have rejected other songs if their names were too long or short or something, so you might have a different favourite.)

Are you doing T.Y. or skipping into 5th year?

Do you have any dreams in life?

Was it you whose sig or tagline was "One day I'm gonna grow wings"? That's my favourite lyric. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Slow Show wrote:
    That we were separated at birth but I was injected with chemical hormones that prevented me from growing for five years until we could have no reasonable grounds to suspect the truth. Clearly our parents didn't consider the power of boards and subject choices. Also, one of us was adopted, I wonder who, draaaama. And I have a twin but that can be explained.

I'm 5 years older than you? :( I feel olllld...should I leave C&H? :(

Also, I'm getting slightly scared because I too refuse to be in the house while there is the slightest hint of stew being cooked, and I too have a brother in London. And I loved London when I was there. TWINNIE!!!! :D

Er, questions...do you like Italians?

Do you agree that Soccy's hidden talent as a poet should be showcased a lot more than once a year? What is the best line of her poem?

Any phobias?

Ideal college (not course)?

Would you prefer to live in the city or the country?

Can you herd cows?

Do you have any unusual talents?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Namlub wrote: »
    Do you like Ready Salted crisps?
    Kind of, I like ready salted Hula Hoops but I don't think I'd go out and buy any others.

Watch True Blood. This is not a question, it's an order.
    It's actually high up on my download list, I'm hoping to get to it this summer but I procrastinate absolutely everything so we'll see.
    Do you have a firm handshake?
    No, not really. :(
    Would you vote for David Norris as president?
    If I was eligible to vote, I would but alas, it's not to be.
    Have you got a hero and who is it?
    I've actually been pondering this and I don't think I do...bummer.
    Is this a scam or not?
    Say whaaat?
    Is Slow Show your favourite The National song?
    (I'm expecting a yes, but I thought that you might have rejected other songs if their names were too long or short or something, so you might have a different favourite.)
    It's actually not, I just didn't think 'Fake Empire', 'Conversation 16' or 'Lemonworld' would work as usernames. :p

Are you doing T.Y. or skipping into 5th year?
    Skipping straight into 5th year, so daring.

Do you have any dreams in life?
    Plenty, too many really, but I suppose at the end of it all I just want to look back and find that I wouldn't have changed a thing. That sounds sad and from a movie script but it's the truth.

Was it you whose sig or tagline was "One day I'm gonna grow wings"? That's my favourite lyric. :)
    Yeah it was, I got rid of it though 'cos I felt it was a bit angsty. I know right, I heard it and just fell in love with it and everytime I hear 'Let Down' I have to stay tuned in fully whenever it comes up. Perfect words for angsty teens everywhere, yay!

• Advertisement

I'm 5 years older than you? :( I feel olllld...should I leave C&H? :(
    It's probably only four years, I'll be 16 in August. And noooo don't leave us. :(

Also, I'm getting slightly scared because I too refuse to be in the house while there is the slightest hint of stew being cooked, and I too have a brother in London. And I loved London when I was there. TWINNIE!!!! :D

Er, questions...do you like Italians?
    I only know like two and they're fine so I'm sure the whole population is just lovely.

Do you agree that Soccy's hidden talent as a poet should be showcased a lot more than once a year? What is the best line of her poem?
    Yes, I do. I have always maintained that if she stayed up on boards writing deep prose the night before LC English she would have an A1 in the bag.
    Favourite line:
    'her attempts to kill jumpguy fail again and again.'
    It's funny 'cos it's true.

Any phobias?
    Spiders when I'm alone. It's all fun and games when I'm with friends and I'm like 'lol, scared of spiders, why?' but when I'm alone...I've had to sleep in different rooms multiple times.

Ideal college (not course)?
    I'd quite like to go to Trinity tbh. :p I think I'd like the prospect of going to NUIG if I didn't live in Galway all my life though.

Would you prefer to live in the city or the country?
    I live deeep in the country now and it's slowly driving me a little bit crazy so for the sake of my sanity, the city. The country can be for when I'm getting old and settling down and sitting on a rocking chair on my porch chastising the local hooligans for stepping on my lawn.

Can you herd cows?
    I've never tried, but I have a fair idea of how it works from witnessing it. I think if it came to an apocalypse where no one was spared save me and our herd of cows, I'd get by alright.

Do you have any unusual talents?
    I cross my legs really weird in a position that would really hurt most people but it comes naturally to me. My friends all try mimic it but they can't do it, sucks to be them. :cool:

When I grow up I would like to be Soccy,
    Even if the weather will be dull and foggy,
    Soccy is a beour,
    Not from Tramore,
    But nevertheless her bread is not soggy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

How would you describe your journey from your first day of boards to now?
    Do you feel boards has matured you?
    Looking back do you feel you were more immature than you realised at the time?
    Without me knowing were people querying over what my real age was?
    Do you think I appear older a' tall all?
    What is your top 5 cringiest boards moments including me/you/soccy(or just one or 2 etc)?
    What boards moment brought you the most happiness?
    Are you excited to be going into 5th year the same time as me?
    Can we be LC boards buds even tho we're only doing 4 the same subjects?
    Explain your life in 10yrs if everything goes to plan?
    When hungry what food do you normally crave?
    Do you drink 8-10 glasses of water a day?
    Have you seen Les Choristes?
    Have you ever used/Do you have carmex lip balm thing?
    If so what flavour(s)
    Could you choose your favourite one and go into advance detail about how nice the smell is?
    If you were a vegetarian how would you cope with the lack of eating options?
    Was there ever a time you didnt feel like you knew anyone well enough to ask (good) questions?
    If so what were they? (And Ill ask them! :pac:)
    What time would you ideally sleep and wake at each morning?
    Do you remember the time we had that 90s music binge?
    What was your favourite song(s)/group from then?
    Do you often stalk what people are listening to on msn?
    Have you ever noticed people listening to weird songs which you really wouldnt have thought that they'd like?
    Do you like having a big family?
    Whats your idea family size?
    Do you remember minute details?
    Do you think its good or bad you remember such tiny details?
    Would you describe my sister as a "child prodigy"?
    Do you think everyones growing up too fast these days?
    How do you feel about your internet service?
    Should it cut off so easily?
    Whats your fave nickname you got on boards?
    How often do you stalk on facebook?
    Do you ever worry that a headache is act a brain tumor?
    Is it ever right for people to leave conversations without saying something?
    Last time you added people on facebook?
    What colour socks are you wearing?
    Favourite sock pattern?
    Describe your ideal sock?
    What colour is your bedroom wall?
    Favourite smell?
    Do you tan?
    Last time and thing you baked?
    Doo you like baking?
    Whats your favourite thing to bake?
    Have you ever cooked dinner, if so what?
    Do you have high morals?
    Whats the nicest tie youve ever seen?
    What do you think of purple/white/navy striped ties?
    Your most recent obsession in life?
    Plans for your life once 5th year starts?
    How awkward would it be to not distinguish between room 24 and 25?
    Have you many teachers under 40?
    Was your history sub teacher a good one?
    Whats a PGDE?
    Are you happy or annoyed you asked me to ask questions?
    How would you have responded if I said I didnt really want to ask questions?
    Would you have been annoyed if I kept postponing asking questions?
    Roughly how many questions were you expecting me to ask?
    What has been your favourite questions so far that
    A) Others asked?
    B) I asked?
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

deise_girl wrote: »
    *millionz and millionz and millionz of questions

:eek: Dear god deise! Should we just leave this thread for a day or 2 to give Slow Show the time to read all of that? :pac:

Whats your favourite smiley?

Best night out you've ever had?

Do you like school?

Any strange injuries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Do you like Queens of the Stone Age? Cos I don't.

Do you think I should stop asking questions now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Have you ever been faced with a problem with nobody else could solve but you could?

How would you describe your life outside school?

What is your favourite thing about your best friend?

Do you enjoy stand-up comedy?

Why Trinity? HUH?! TOO GOOD FOR THE WESHT, HUH?! :)

Will you be watching the launch of the final space shuttle?

Longest you've ever stayed awake?

Would you trust anyone named "Catherine"?

Silliest thing you've ever done? (This may be asked, how could I have missed it...I TRAWLED SO CAREFULLY THROUGH YOUR ANSWERS)

• Advertisement

Deise I'm splitting up your post a bit mmmkay :p
    How would you describe your journey from your first day of boards to now?
    I started off as a wee lass with one too many x's to my name and therefore I met some cold hearts who could not look beyond my warm, childish exterior. However, I feel I began to find a place in the land of C&H and even became...accepted. :eek: And then I changed my name and life has been good. I have progressed, we have all progressed. I first posted in C&H when I was 14, now I'm nearly 16, life is kerrrr-azy.

Do you feel boards has matured you?
    Yeah, quite a bit really. I think I'm more aware of life outside my bubble, especially in terms of college and things like that. Weird as it is, I'd be a kind of different person without boards.

Looking back do you feel you were more immature than you realised at the time?
    Oh God yes.

Without me knowing were people querying over what my real age was?
    There may have been suggestions that you were a nine-year-old posing as a fifteen-year-old, but we loved you nonetheless.

Do you think I appear older a' tall all?
    Yeah definitely, we've all changed :') but you're always this loveable, chirpy poster so yeah, don't change that, 'tis nice.

What is your top 5 cringiest boards moments including me/you/soccy(or just one or 2 etc)?
    Our cringy moments haven't been too bad so I'm going to add EPIC to the category. Most of our epic moments were probably cringey in their own way.
    Hot GAA Players <3
    Oh Pixified Ferntree, best internet night ever <3
    Our LOLing at that After Hours thread, remember the disgusting one. And then doing a bita music manipulating to act as, let's say dopplegangers. Which was probs fair cringey too.
    Our attempted takeovers which no one would notice :L Mega cringe.
    Posting ultra cheesy music in STMA. We are such rotten trolls, oh yes.

What boards moment brought you the most happiness?
    Either Hot GAA Players or the all-nighter with our bard soccy, oh mushballs :). I'm realising how sad this is as I type but our internet lives really are so awesome. <3
    Are you excited to be going into 5th year the same time as me?
    Yes, we can actually be on an equal footing and we can moan about the same things and be best buds forever!
    Can we be LC boards buds even tho we're only doing 4 the same subjects?
    Of course, we'll be all superior because we have extra 0's to our post count and all the LCers will wish they were us. And we'll be all 'C'mon guys, head over to C&H and then not acknowledge them at all, gonna be awesome!
    Explain your life in 10yrs if everything goes to plan?
    I will be nearing the ripe old age of twenty-six. I dunno what the plan is anymore really, hopefully I'll be working and making a bit of cash to splash. It's really hard to say, seeing as I don't have a clue what to do with my life. Oh well.
    When hungry what food do you normally crave?
    McDonalds sweet chilli wraps. I want one right now tbh.
    Do you drink 8-10 glasses of water a day?
    Nah, I drink water when I'm thirsty. I tried drinking eight glasses during Easter but it was just too much effort to have to keep drinking when I wasn't even thirsty and after a week of it, I felt no different than before.
    Have you seen Les Choristes?
    No, I plan to soon though. Maybe. :P
    Have you ever used/Do you have carmex lip balm thing?
    Nah, soz bbz.
    If so what flavour(s)
    :(
    Could you choose your favourite one and go into advance detail about how nice the smell is?
    Strawberries smell nice.

If you were a vegetarian how would you cope with the lack of eating options?
    I'd curl up into a ball and die slowly. Or survive on bread and vegetables but what kind of a life would that be?
    Was there ever a time you didnt feel like you knew anyone well enough to ask (good) questions?
    Quite often, I think I remember asking you about sock patterns.
    If so what were they? (And Ill ask them! :pac:)
    On a scale of Brilliant to Astoundingly Amazing, how incredible is Slow Show?
    Nah, I didn't really have any interesting questions in mind, just...more interesting than the crap I asked. :p

What time would you ideally sleep and wake at each morning?
    School: Sleep - 11PM. Wake - 7AM. Summer...I really have no problem staying up late during summer but if I'm not up before 12 I feel crappy no matter what the plan of action is for the day.
    Do you remember the time we had that 90s music binge?
    Yessum, I mentioned it above. And they call it puppy love...<3 Fond memories.
    What was your favourite song(s)/group from then?
    I should read the next question before I answer. Puppy Love probably, mainly because I can't remember much else. :p
    Do you often stalk what people are listening to on msn?
    Once or twice...every so often...constantly. :p I approve when you listen to Chris Doran. Your One Direction listening has waned however. jumpguy listens to a lot of rap, particularly Kanye West. I could go on...
    Have you ever noticed people listening to weird songs which you really wouldnt have thought that they'd like?
    Yes actually, once I saw eVeNtInE listening to that LMFAO song and I was like 'lolwut?'
    Do you like having a big family?
    It's OK, there's not many of us at home most times so it's nice when everyone's home.
    Whats your idea family size?
    I'm not sure if I want kids so maybe...two. :p But if I did I'd like two, because we'd have a spare seat in the car just in case without having to extend to a people carrier. And that space would do the world of good because let's face it, no one wants to be on the middle on a hot, sticky day.
    Do you remember minute details?
    Yup, I remember everything (more or less). Except some of the songs we listened to on our 90s binge >.>
    Do you think its good or bad you remember such tiny details?
    Good when it comes to school, the amount of stuff that comes flooding back in exams is unreal, but people find it a tad creepy sometimes so I reel it in and act oblivious when they're describing something they told me about eons ago. :p
    Would you describe my sister as a "child prodigy"?
    Yes, I think we will all end up seeing her as a newer, better Carrie. LOVE YOU FOREVER.
    Do you think everyones growing up too fast these days?
    Yeah it's a bit weird really, especially seeing people graduate from primary school and hearing friends' younger siblings chatting nonchalantly about shifting is a bit weird. And how all our siblings have aged too.
    How do you feel about your internet service?
    I think the problem is what my internet service thinks of *you* as it refuses to allow me to remain signed into MSN.
    Should it cut off so easily?
    No, it should be reliable and worship me like any decent internet service should.
    Whats your fave nickname you got on boards?
    Emmett the Emo for life. <3
    How often do you stalk on facebook?
    I don't think my stalking is excessive, just natural, and maybe slightly more than an average person. Having a gawk at teacher's pages is rather enjoyable too. :)
    Do you ever worry that a headache is act a brain tumor?
    Occasionally, when I don't have enough else to bother me.
    Is it ever right for people to leave conversations without saying something?
    No, frankly I am disappointed and outraged and intend to pen a letter expressing this outrage. Unless the person in question got foiled by their parents and were condemned to spending a day in a bog rather than in Dublin. Which is fair enough. And we still love them.
    Last time you added people on facebook?
    I never add people anymore, I let them add me. I accepted someone today, but I don't think I've added anyone for like a month.
    What colour socks are you wearing?
    Purple and grey. They're striped. :)
    Favourite sock pattern?
    I enjoy plain socks with a nice laughable picture on them. One day me and my friends spent a rather impressive amount of time laughing at the pig on my socks. That was a good day. Polka dots are nice too.
    Describe your ideal sock?
    Warm and fluffy and woolly and with polka dots and maybe a simple picture too and I can wear them with my school shoes without people noticing.
    What colour is your bedroom wall?
    Pink, I don't really like it but I dunno what else to do.
    Favourite smell?
    Tough one...freshly baked bread in a bakery, I'm so boring. I feel like there's something more obvious that I like that's missing, but can't think of it. Sigh.
    Do you tan?
    I burn horribly and then tan, so I don't bother. Fake tan all the way, hopefully without looking like an oompa loompa after falling into a jar of canned tomatoes.
    Last time and thing you baked?
    14th April, my Home Ec Practical, cupcakes and muffins. Disaster, not helped by me freaking out with my evaluation and calling them 'BLAND'. THEY WEREN'T EVEN BLAND. They tasted good, they just had the appearance of a two-year-old's play-doh masterpiece.
    Doo you like baking?
    It's alright actually, when the end product is nice, I don't have to weigh my ingredients with minute detail and when I don't have to clean up.
    Whats your favourite thing to bake?
    Muffins. My muffins were nice.
    Have you ever cooked dinner, if so what?
    I can only cook spaghetti bolognese, and even then my mam makes the mince for me. :L I've never really cooked a dinner on my own from scratch...heh, how odd.
    Do you have high morals?
    Errrr be as good as you can be but don't be a total sap/doormat. So not really. :P
    Whats the nicest tie youve ever seen?
    Ah just one that some lad in my school wore when he was working at a pub, brought out the colour of his eyes.
    What do you think of purple/white/navy striped ties?
    All unique and lovely in their own way.

Part 2 coming to a store near you.

Your most recent obsession in life?
    My internet died over the weekend. I found my Sims 3 disc and installed it, wondering why I hadn't played it in a year. I don't know what happened to the time, but hours passed with me barely noticing, and I slept for about three hours on Saturday night. I think I know why I don't play it now...but The Sims is not good for me, I am not doing that to myself. I will not re-install it...I am also kindling an obsession for Bon Iver and Friendly Fires and Frightened Rabbit by watching every live video of theirs I can find but that's just general music love.
    And jumpguy. Always jumpguy.

Plans for your life once 5th year starts?
    I have ambitious plans to work for 5th year, so we'll see how that turns out. I don't know, my life follows a fairly steady pattern with school. Go to school, come home, do homework, repeat process, maybe do something at the weekend, maybe don't. So no huge plans. :P
    How awkward would it be to not distinguish between room 24 and 25?
    Very awkward, as you and I both have experience with. There's a big gap between 21 and 24 whereas there's quite a small gap between 24, 25 and 26. I don't know how I could have been so foolish...
    Have you many teachers under 40?
    Quite a few, doing a quick count-up I had five out of nine. Your school needs to move into the future bbz.
    Was your history sub teacher a good one?
    He actually wasn't great and some of his notes were just plain wrong but I let it slide and the exam went rather well for me so I have no bad feelings. And he was rather nice and friendly and other things.
    Whats a PGDE?
    Some degree thing apparently. *shrugs*
    Are you happy or annoyed you asked me to ask questions?
    Happy and amused really, I actually lol'd when I saw this. :P
    How would you have responded if I said I didnt really want to ask questions?
    I would have replied frostily, but wouldn't have appeared outwardly furious.
    Would you have been annoyed if I kept postponing asking questions?
    If you went to bed before asking...well...
    Roughly how many questions were you expecting me to ask?
    Four, maybe five.
    What has been your favourite questions so far that
    A) Others asked?
    I liked the Favourite Dictator one. People need to be more aware of matters such as how people looked in their youth, and then base their opinions.
    B) I asked?
    The best moments thing was nice and nostalgic. :) Need new memories bbz.
    :)

I have to be up in a few hours for some rather strenuous activity but OK deise, I could do that too. :p

I also know that it's unlikely anyone else will trawl through that, which is perfect. :)

:eek: Dear god deise! Should we just leave this thread for a day or 2 to give Slow Show the time to read all of that? :pac:
    It took an hour, I really shouldn't be allowed on the internet at night.

Whats your favourite smiley?
    :pac: < It says a lot without saying very much at all, and really helps lift the tone of a dull post.

Best night out you've ever had?
    I've actually had a good few decent nights out, surprisingly enough. There was one in February of last year, some disco that you'd think would be crap but it was actually brilliant and I made new friends and it led to some awesome things happening later and it was all nice and happy during a rather awful period of my life, soooo dramatic but the start of 2010 was a bit hideous.

Do you like school?
    Hmmmm....it's fine, I often enjoy it. Sometimes I enjoy the people more than subjects. Sometimes I enjoy the subjects more than the people. It's wonderful when both work out together, but sometimes they don't. And I'm tired of the same people and the same old routine. The best way to sum it up is, it's fine but I'm tired of it. I wouldn't be ready to leave just yet but give me another year and I'll be wanting the LC to hurry on. I'm too impatient, I should stop wishing my life away but meh.

Any strange injuries?
    Nothing too strange really. :)
    Do you like Queens of the Stone Age? Cos I don't. I listened to one song and wondered what the fuss was about. Hi5!

Do you think I should stop asking questions now?
    Nah don't, I'm enjoying this question malarkey. I should really go to bed though...
    jumpguy wrote: »
    Have you ever been faced with a problem with nobody else could solve but you could?
    I dunno, it's half three in the morning, let's not be so deep. I think one time in Maths last year I figured something out that no one else did but that was a fluke. Yay.

How would you describe your life outside school?
    .....because of where I live, boring, but it could be a lot worse.

What is your favourite thing about your best friend?
    I kinda suck at having close friends although some are a fair bit closer than most so I'll pick one and say how I can talk to her about anything and we can laugh uncontrollably over the simplest thing. And we read the same books and it's lovely.

Do you enjoy stand-up comedy?
    Sometimes, I wouldn't sit down with the sole purpose of watching it though.

Why Trinity? HUH?! TOO GOOD FOR THE WESHT, HUH?! :)
    TSM - English Literature & Psychology sounds better than Arts anywhere else. :L No offence to anyone intended. And I don't even know if I want to do that but meh. Enjoy your time wallowing in Galway while I revel in the Big Smoke.

Will you be watching the launch of the final space shuttle?
    Seeing as this is the first I've heard of it, probably not. Final space shuttle? There won't be anymore?

Longest you've ever stayed awake?
    Probably 24 hours, I've stayed up for two days straight but always had a slight nap in the middle.

Would you trust anyone named "Catherine"?
    For my JC English exam I had to write a letter to my future child and called her Catherine. Bummer if it's a boy. I suppose I would if I had reason to.

Silliest thing you've ever done? (This may be asked, how could I have missed it...I TRAWLED SO CAREFULLY THROUGH YOUR ANSWERS)
    It kinda was asked and I had a pitiful answer which somewhat preserved my reputation. I've made some retarded mistakes though but they are what they are. Mhmmmm.

I'm too tired to write something witty here or even post a nice video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Is move over butter actually butter or just a tricky butter like substitute?

RHunce wrote: »
    Is move over butter actually butter or just a tricky butter like substitute?
    I have never had move over butter, clearly I haven't lived. :(

One question in a day...no guys it's OK, I just got something in my eye is all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

If The Fair city forum is made, Will you post there more than here???

I guess I care enough to ask a second question!

The Irish Independent or The Irish Times? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Dev or Collins?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Justin beiber and selena gomez as an item, Hot or not?

Would you relieve david archuleta of his frigit-ness, if given the chance?

Favourite place in sweden?

CAN I BE YOUR HERO?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Are you aware Soccy spelt Bieber wrong despite the fact she is a fangirl?

• Advertisement

Noel2k9 wrote: »

im on hotel wifi on my ipod for the first time ever! EMMA DONT JUDGE ME! :'(

How much wood, would a wood chuck, chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

1.If you were Carol, what would you call the baby?

2.What would be the perfect way to spend a day off school when you're dossing? (I'm watching Ferrie Bueller's Day Off :P )

3.Favorite clothes shop?

4.If you could get rid of any feature on Facebook, what would it be?

5.What has been the worst book you've ever read?

6.Did/Do you like Pokemon? If so, did you have a favorite?

7.Do you want to live abroad when you're older?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Have I ever talked to you about something non-music related?

Also...
    A man goes to a movie at the local theater. In the middle of the movie, the man smiles in delight. A few minutes later, he leaves the theater, walks to the nearby bridge and hurls himself over the edge to his death. Why does he do this?

If The Fair city forum is made, Will you post there more than here???
    I don't know, it's going to be almost neck and neck I'd say. :(
    I guess I care enough to ask a second question!

The Irish Independent or The Irish Times? ;)
    I'm going to say the Times because I think that's the one that's less annoying to even place before having a browse through it.
    Dev or Collins?
    I haven't yet watched any films where the view has been biased in favour of Dev so Collins it is. And from all my JC History knowledge Collins had the right idea in the end, 'a stepping stone to greater independence' so it was. Pity he died at Béal na Bláth only ten days after Arthur Griffith. And they were then succeeded by William T. Cosgrave and Kevin O'Higgins was in charge of law and order and he put a stop to the Irregulars with his Special Powers Act. Excellent scheming.
    One month on and I still remember stuff :') I did confuse William T. Cosgrave and John A. Costello in the exam though, distraught. And that was far more info than required but I ain't backspacing now.
    There doesn't seem to be an easy way to mix together 'hot' and 'not' so I'll just say I'm not too fussed and at least people might not constantly question some poor teenager's sexuality.

Would you relieve david archuleta of his frigit-ness, if given the chance?
    Of course, whether I like his music or not, you don't find his type this side of the pond.

Favourite place in sweden?
    Gothenberg because it's more affordable than Stockholm. I remember stuff!

CAN I BE YOUR HERO?!!
    If you can slay your competitors in battle and kneel before me with a rose between your teeth, then yes, yes you can.
    Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I am shocked and appalled. Mainly appalled.
    im on hotel wifi on my ipod for the first time ever! EMMA DONT JUDGE ME! :'(
    I think it might be too late for that...:( I before E except after C Soccy.

Times pulls a face when I'm next to you, I hope the wind changes. Lovely, deep lyrics. And the song is stuck in my head.

How much wood, would a wood chuck, chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
    It depends on the turnover that the woman who sell sea shells down by the sea shore, as her excess income supplies the finances for the wood that the wood chuck buys, so if she's having a tough month down by the sea shore he's going to chuck less wood but if people are strangely entranced to purchase sea shells despite them being readily available on the beach, the wood chuck will chuck quite a substantial amount of wood.
    Ally7 wrote: »
    1.If you were Carol, what would you call the baby?
    Lorcan the Third.

2.What would be the perfect way to spend a day off school when you're dossing? (I'm watching Ferrie Bueller's Day Off :P )
    RESPECT. Ideally a scenario akin to Ferris', but unfortunately with my boring life I'd have to settle for a day spent in bed with TV and internet and laughing manically at those trapped in stuffy classrooms while I revel in glee.

3.Favorite clothes shop?
    Galway is actually ridiculous for shopping and it's so hard to find anything, so I pretty much just live in clothes from New Look and Penneys. Born is a glorious jewel among dull pebbles too, but mostly for going out clothes. And everywhere else is just general mehness with occasional finds.

4.If you could get rid of any feature on Facebook, what would it be?
    The new photo thing, it's actually ridiculous and I can't flick through five photos without it freezing on me, it's just so unnecessary. :mad:

5.What has been the worst book you've ever read?
    I'm not very critical at all when it comes to books. I know I disliked some when I was younger but these days I find myself appreciating everything I've been reading lately at the end. I'll just say that one book with huge critical acclaim that I found to be, not hideously bad but mega disappointing and not particularly good, was The Kite Runner. There, I said it. It gave a good insight into the setting and life but it just did nothing to enthrall me, which is what I expected. And it had the least likeable protagonist ever. But it still wouldn't be my least favourite book by a long shot so this answer is a failure.

6.Did/Do you like Pokemon? If so, did you have a favorite?
    I loved the TV series back in the day. I'm so boring, Pikachu was always my favourite and no one could ever replace him. I do remember liking Squirtle and Charmander ridiculous amounts too though. I called one of my goldfishes Squirtle. :) Simpler times.

7.Do you want to live abroad when you're older?
    Yeah definitely, living in Ireland for the rest of my days doesn't appeal to m at all. Where to, I'm not sure. I have no idea why but I'd like to live or at least work for a while in Russia. Realistically, I'd probably have to end up somewhere English-speaking or France if I actually become competent at the language.
    Colm! wrote: »
    Have I ever talked to you about something non-music related?
    I think we may have discussed school subjects at one point, and you probably wished me luck in the JC.

Also...
    A man goes to a movie at the local theater. In the middle of the movie, the man smiles in delight. A few minutes later, he leaves the theater, walks to the nearby bridge and hurls himself over the edge to his death. Why does he do this?
    Because he was sitting beside his wife and while he was smiling at the sheer brilliance of the movie, she whispered that she didn't like it and he, so astounded by this major flaw in the woman he had pledged his life to, lost the will to live and decided his time had come.
    Any proper answers are also welcome.

I've always wondered why there are two tongue-out smilies.
    :p:P

Look the same to me, except when I click one of them is a lowercase p and one an uppercase. How odd. :confused: Maybe it's because the case actually makes a difference. I'll try the confused one with a capital C as an experiment. :Confused: And now, I press 'Submit Reply' and await the results of my daring experiment.

EDIT: SUCCESS. I have cracked the code! :D

If you could be a boardsie for a day...who? And why?

Miley Cyrus or Demi Lovato?

Tubs, a legend or a loser?

Favourite ever late late show presenter?

If you saw a squirrel randomly one day in your local natural woodland habitat, what would you call it? David archuleta called his 'Almond'. So what would you name yours?

John or Edward?

Favourite ever Eurovision entry bar france 2010?

Do you daydream much about anything in particular?

If one day, you were randomly walking through the streets of Cork and I ran up to you and threw a big cream pie at your face, how would you react other than shouting WTF?

I commend you on your excellent wood chuck answer!

Ok so Quentin Tarintino or Clint Eastwood :D

If you could be a boardsie for a day...who? And why?
    soccymonster 'cos I wanna meet Mr J and Mrs A and Ms' K & E. Truth.
    Miley Cyrus or Demi Lovato?
    Aaaaaah I've been exposed to more Miley but Demi seems nice and genuine so her.

Tubs, a legend or a loser?
    A happy medium, I neither love nor loathe him, but I think he's a decent enough LLS host.
    Favourite ever late late show presenter?
    I was born too late to witness much of Gay's day but like, everyone says he was the best by far so him.

If you saw a squirrel randomly one day in your local natural woodland habitat, what would you call it? David archuleta called his 'Almond'. So what would you name yours?
    Nuts so if he went missing I could be like 'Aw, Nuts'.

John or Edward?
    John, I feel he deserves my love seeing as merely a quarter of his name features in Jedward. I feel like someone answered this question similarly before but I gots nothing else and unfortunately can't differentiate between the two, although I think Edward is susceptible to injuries. I feel for him.

Favourite ever Eurovision entry bar france 2010?
    Ughhhhhh why BAR France 2010? :( I really liked Sweden 2010 too but Alexandar Rybak was just immense so I'll be obvious and say Fairytale ftw!

Do you daydream much about anything in particular?
    Yeah, I just create scenarios of my life that are unlikely to ever happen. I don't do it as much as I used to, but sometimes I'd have conjured detailed alternate futures for myself. It makes me so giddily happy, tres weird.

If one day, you were randomly walking through the streets of Cork and I ran up to you and threw a big cream pie at your face, how would you react other than shouting WTF?
    I'd exclaim at the brilliance of it all and jump up and down saying 'SOCCY IT'S YOU, IT'S REALLY REALLY YOU.' Or slink away down an alleyway after looking awkwardly at you and pretend it's not me, whatevs. Also I wouldn't be randomly walking through the streets of Cork.
    I commend you on your excellent wood chuck answer!
    I realised I made a grammatical error at the start. :(

Ok so Quentin Tarintino or Clint Eastwood :D
    Clint Eastwood, just because I loved Gran Torino. But I'm not a big film buff full of knowledge at all. :p

Hmmmmmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

What is your opinion on the Facebook?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement