Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help trying to identify a book

Options
  • 27-06-2011 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I'm trying to identify a book I read about 8 or 9 years ago. I cant remember who wrote it or what it was called but I have some recollection of the plot.

If I remember correctly, it opened with a polar expedition and a team of explorers get into trouble and it seems that when the leave the rest of the world is hit with some sort of disease which wipes out the whole planet. The story then centres around this person in some other world in which peaple stay until no-one remembers them on earth. Gradually the amount of people in this world gets smaller and smaller!

Basically, this lady is the last person alive on earth....

I know its not much to go on but its wrecking my head!

Anyone any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DMG 1972

This sounds like The Brief History of the dead by Kevin Brockmeier

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

I have no idea, but it sounds great.
    Would love to read it!
    Please post here again if you find it or if it really is the one DMG suggested...

Advertisement