Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on "walk in "clinics?

Options
  • 27-06-2011 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

I have been feeling rather unwell for at least a month been having stomach cramps feeling completly exhausted,not able for anything,

I've had IBS since teenage years so doc thinks it's just another bout of it. I'm not so sure though. Something just doesnt feel right.

So my question? has anyone ever gone to these walk in clinics in private hospitals?
    I'm a member of Vhi so i'd have cover? I'd want to have a full abdominal scan....
    Do I need a refferal letter? Will I Pi** off my GP by going over her head?

Any infor greatly appriciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

ashblag wrote: »
    I have been feeling rather unwell for at least a month been having stomach cramps feeling completly exhausted,not able for anything,

I've had IBS since teenage years so doc thinks it's just another bout of it. I'm not so sure though. Something just doesnt feel right.

So my question? has anyone ever gone to these walk in clinics in private hospitals?
    I'm a member of Vhi so i'd have cover? I'd want to have a full abdominal scan....
    Do I need a refferal letter? Will I Pi** off my GP by going over her head?

Any infor greatly appriciated.

I believe the walk in clinics for VHI etc are minor injuries clinic, and will perform procedures such as stitches, wound dressings, simple fractures etc. Head injuries, major trauma, diagnosis etc are not covered.

Why arent you eager to go to your GP? Perhaps you could get a referral by a different GP in the practice?

Where are you based OP?
    I would highly recommend the walk in Emergency Department in Blackrock Clinic. It's €120 initial fee and then if you need further tests there is a cap of €500 after which they will admit you (as long as you have at least B cover) and charge VHI instead.

Advertisement