Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haye Fight

Options
  • 27-06-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Hi heading down to galway on sat for a stag. What pub would be the best to watch this fight in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

fibber mcgees have the fight and the booze is cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Cheap booze and watching David Haye getting smashed...what a combination.Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

El_Drago wrote: »
    Cheap booze and watching David Haye getting smashed...what a combination.Cheers!

I wouldn' be too sure of that...

I wouldn' be too sure of that...
    Haye has fought nobodies in the heavyweight division.If you listen to the things that come out of his mouth he makes it sound like he's been in there with the best.Audley Harrison and Valuev,really?He didn't want a fight with any of the Klitschkos,he got forced into it as there was nowhere left to hide.

His pre-fight antics before this fight show that he'd be anywhere than across from Wladimir on Saturday night.I'll be very surprised if he managed to beat Wladimir, and even more so if he finishes him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Is a Haye Fight what happens when Gerry doesn't pay up for them bullocks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Robbo wrote: »
    Is a Haye Fight what happens when Gerry doesn't pay up for them bullocks?

Shame on you for making light of Gerry's bullock stealing ways :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Haye has fought nobodies in the heavyweight division.If you listen to the things that come out of his mouth he makes it sound like he's been in there with the best.Audley Harrison and Valuev,really?He didn't want a fight with any of the Klitschkos,he got forced into it as there was nowhere left to hide.

His pre-fight antics before this fight show that he'd be anywhere than across from Wladimir on Saturday night.I'll be very surprised if he managed to beat Wladimir, and even more so if he finishes him.
    And who has Klitschko fought, fat, short nobodies too. He also has a glass jaw, i can see Haye's quickness causing him trouble. Hard to know how its gonna go but its definitely tighter than some people are saying, for the record i dont like Haye but he does have a chance.

samdeman wrote: »
    fibber mcgees have the fight and the booze is cheap

and the place is a hole frequented by undesirables.

Surely somewhere better will be showing it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Anyone know roughly what time the fight will be on. Ten or Eleven maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

well law dee f*****g daw himself!!! to some people you may not be that desirable. will you be watching the fight with prince charles in windsor castle?

• Advertisement

well law dee f*****g daw himself!!! to some people you may not be that desirable. will you be watching the fight with prince charles in windsor castle?
    You dont need to be royalty to understand that Fibbers is a bit of a kip in fairness. Wouldnt put me off watching the fight in there but it is what it is.

No they are not getting the fight in windsor castle so will stick with Buckingham palace it will be on there.

Mean while back in the real world.... If I watch the fight in town which I probably wont be able to I would be checking places like Fagans who should definitely have it and I'm sure some other places might too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Get it together man.

Prince Charles lives in Highgrove, Clarence House, Birkhall and Llwynywermod. Not Windsor Castle.

Everybody knows that FFS. :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Lapin wrote: »
    Get it together man.

Prince Charles lives in Highgrove, Clarence House, Birkhall and Llwynywermod. Not Windsor Castle.

Everybody knows that FFS. :mad:
    Would it not make sense just to get the pay-per-view into one residence and have all the royals over for the fight? And why can't I stop thinking about Homer Simpson stealing cable for the Drederick Tatum fight...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Robbo wrote: »
    Would it not make sense just to get the pay-per-view into one residence and have all the royals over for the fight?

That would never work. Think of the arguments over who gets the remote control.

I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see Prince Harry watch the fight down in Fibbers myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭thisNthat

Here Here... Any other suggestions please???

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

Fagans will most likely have it on

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭thisNthat

DULLAHAN2 wrote: »
    Hi heading down to galway on sat for a stag. What pub would be the best to watch this fight in?
    unfortunately no-one seems to be answering your actual question :(
    fibber mcgees but f**k that hole, Any other ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Kennedys across the road is showing it

€3 Guinness and one of the best pints in town too!

Have you ever seen a fight in 3D? The Skeff, Eyre Square will be showing the heavy weight clash of Haye V Klitschko in glorious 3D this Saturday, 2 July at 8pm. Watching a fight in 3D is so intense you will feel like you are in the ring with them. This will be an evening for sports fans with live music and a great night to follow.

http://www.galwayindependent.com/local-news/local-news/haye-vs-klitschko-in-3d-20110629/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Watching a fight in 3D is so intense you will feel like you are in the ring with them.

So, like Fibbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

And nobody has answered. What time does the friggin' thing start?

And nobody has answered. What time does the friggin' thing start?
    Paddy Power reckons 10:30 pm and they're fairly on the ball. So there's only 2.5 hours of pre-fight Sky guff to avoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Jaysus, Fibbers is the last place I'd recommend to someone who might not be familiar with Galway. Wouldn't be the best first impression.

Can't go wrong with the Skeff, especially if they're going to the bother of advertising the fact they're showing it in 3D.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

BESman wrote: »
    Jaysus, Fibbers is the last place I'd recommend to someone who might not be familiar with Galway. Wouldn't be the best first impression.

Have never been in Fibbers, whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭wurzlitzer

so where will the best place to watch the fight in dublin?

wurzlitzer wrote: »
    so where will the best place to watch the fight in dublin?
    Try the Dublin forum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭wurzlitzer

oops
    :D
    google led me here

Advertisement