Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Tom frozen

Options
  • 27-06-2011 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

My husband tried to update maps for Europe. He followed all the instructions, and it looked fine. When he unplugged from the Laptop he found that the Sat nav was frozen. We would appreciate any solutions to this problem.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What model is this?
    If its the older Go720 or similar there is a reset pin hole in the base of the unit push in a paper clip & wait for the unit to restart.
    If its GO750 or newer press & hold the power butten untill the unit reboots. This can take upto 20 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

Hi kool kids
    it's a Tom Tom one, we have and nothing will get rid of a disc logo with a bite missing from it in the bottom left hand corner.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you connect to the PC can you access the root directory?
    You could try leaving it disconnected untilled the battery runs down.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shadydivott

My Tom Tom one is frozen....each time I turn it on it asks me to set language and time and other stuff I did when first purchased ....untill I get to select voice where after making selection is shuts down and back to the start again........any advice most welcome

If you skip the initial set up what happens?

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    If you skip the initial set up what happens?
    I don't get the option..... When I turn it on thats where it is language then left or right hand then miles or klms then voice them shut down and back to language

What model is it?

What model is it?
    Tom Tom one xl I think tks

What model is it?
    Tom Tom one xl I think tks
    Actually it's a Tom Tom xl N14644

Try this
    1) Press and hold the power button
    2) While holding power button, press in the reset button
    3) While still holding power button, release the reset button
    4) Continue holding power button, you should see TomTom reboot

• Advertisement

Try this
    1) Press and hold the power button
    2) While holding power button, press in the reset button
    3) While still holding power button, release the reset button
    4) Continue holding power button, you should see TomTom reboot

There does not appear to be a reset button .... I can not find pin hole in base of unit only power button on top

Then just press and hold the power button until the unit restarts.

Then just press and hold the power button until the unit restarts.
    Really appreciate the help .... Just tried that a few times and it dies go to a reboot screen however when it starts up again it's back to the same circuit if language select English then mikes or klms then time then voice select Jane- Tom then blank and back to language all over again..... You advice did present a new reboot screen however still same results

I am tring to recreate this on a GO750 which I think should be close to the
    navecore running on your device.
    After a factory default this is what I get.
    Select laguage English
    English UK ?YES
    Welcome set preferences
    Left/Right Handed > Done
    Miles/Kilometres > Done
    Time 18:00 6:00 PM 6:00 >Done
    Time Selection> Done
    Select Voice SELECT
    Select Home address NO
    Brief Tour NO
    Map Share Decline
    Collect Anonymous information YES
    Legal Notice AGREE

Any chance you could make a video of this?
    It really sounds like you are missing something. Either that or a very strange bug. One I have never seen before

Just another quick thought.
    Have you tried selecting another voice. The voice file may be corrupt?

I am tring to recreate this on a GO750 which I think should be close to the
    navecore running on your device.
    After a factory default this is what I get.
    Select laguage English
    English UK ?YES
    Welcome set preferences
    Left/Right Handed > Done
    Miles/Kilometres > Done
    Time 18:00 6:00 PM 6:00 >Done
    Time Selection> Done
    Select Voice SELECT
    Select Home address NO
    Brief Tour NO
    Map Share Decline
    Collect Anonymous information YES
    Legal Notice AGREE

Any chance you could make a video of this?
    It really sounds like you are missing something. Either that or a very strange bug. One I have never seen before
    I'll try video but I get as you do as far as voice select and then shut down before select home address .... Tks again 4 ur help it may be tomorrow

Can you get this device to connect to the computer?

Just another quick thought.
    Have you tried selecting another voice. The voice file may be corrupt?
    Yep tried that to no avail

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sebo_

Yep tried that to no avail

Just bring that to me if you want I should be able to fix that for you. Live in D15

Very generous of you offering to fix something for free on your first post for someone you have never met. .
    Shady.. Can you get this unit to connect to Tom Tom Home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement