Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Games for the Non-Gamer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Angry Birds, Peggle, Plants vs Zombies

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit: Fun driving game that you can rank up easy in and unlock cars easy. Also it's easy to put down and pick up where you left off.

Stranglehold: Grand shoot em up game with lots of action and over-the-top gun play with plenty of explosions and destructible environments. Simple: Just shoot the baddies.

Any GTA: I know loads of people with this game "that love it" but have never even played through the whole story. Sandbox madness alone, particularly to new gamers is so much fun, just causing wanton violence and deduction and the killing of lots of peds and cops.

Sneaky fourth...
    Just Cause 2 Again... like GTA I'd imagine the non-gamer quickly getting the hang of just stealing planes and helicopters and jumping out of them blowing up stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Touhou.
    Demons' Souls.
    Ninja Gaiden.

Like swimming, you just have to throw em in the deep end. :pac:

In all seriousness;
    Mario Galaxy: A great game with simple controls and a brilliantly paced learning curve. Has the pick up and play appeal for a short amount of time as well.

Portal: None of the challenge comes from the controls but the puzzles. Great example of humour in a game.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Great example of multiplayer. Sure there's an insane amount of depth that's hard to get into but features like simple mode and easy to pull off short combos make it a great casual multiplayer experiance as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Gandalph wrote: »
    Modern Warfare 1/2 couldnt go too far wrong (Story Mode) for the action seekers

Trying to explain what the two sticks do on the controller would take a fortnight alone! It took me about a month to get used to FPS controls when I first got Quake 3 on the Dreamcast all those years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

hmmm

Ninja Gaiden Σ 1
    Ninja Gaiden Σ 2
    Demon's Souls

And some lube.

meh :D someone beat me too it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Patapon

Child of Eden

FF7

1 and 2 pretty much anyone can play. ff7 gives him/her a taste of rpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,320 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Theme Park

Bejeweled

Ocarina of Time

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Call of Duty,

Call of Duty,

Andddd

Call of Duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

To answer this I'm just going to give the games that really hooked me on each system that turned me into a gamer.

Sonic The Hedgehog-hard to decide between this and the second one but might as well start at the beginning. While Mario is obviously a classic and the first game I ever played (Gameboy gold FTW!) I just enjoyed Sonic soo much more, more action, faster paced and just that bit simpler than Mario imo.

GTA: San Andreas: While everyone seems to have their favourite from this generation and other GTAs allow others to associate more with them. This is IMO the best game world ever created (I'm a console gamer so let me away with it). It has that GTA quality where you always seem to know where you're going despite the world taking it to a whole new level for size from the previous ones and there is something for everyone to interest them. The movie style cut-scenes also really get you emotionally involved and make you want to do just one more mission.

The current generation really doesn't have any ultimate standout for me that I'll be pining to play again like I have the previous 2 mentioned so I'd probably just give them NBA 2k11 or another sports game that they can jump straight into and have fun but also as they get better increase their knowledge of both the sport and the game and explore the deepness they possess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Heavy Rain - Any gaming faults this possesses won't be noticed by someone new to gaming. I imagine they'd see it as an interactive movie. I know everyone has now pointed out errors in the plot etc, but I remember playing certain scenes and sitting on the edge of my chair, near terrified. The first Madison scene in particular.
    Plus, although it can be tricky getting used to a control pad, the game does offer a decent tutorial to the games mechanics in Ethan's house

Little Big Planet - I've only started playing this recently (due to PSN's holiday), and it's so engaging. For newbies, the narrator immediately makes it very clear that you are Sackboy, so long as you hold the controller, you are in control of this guy. It's fun, forgiving and friendly every step of the way.

Guitar Hero - It's instantly rewarding! By the time you've gotten good enough to be allowed to finish a song without being boo'd off the stage (unlike real life, where the struggle continues), you feel an immediate need to re-complete it with a better percentage. It's colourful, obviously it sounds great, and because it doesn't use a normal controller or keyboard, it's easier for non-gamers to see a different attraction to it than usual games. I know plenty of people with no interest in games, but love Guitar Hero/Rock Band etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement