Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech - RKP Error Msg's

Options
  • 27-06-2011 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi

I was un -setting my friends airtech (CS 350 I think) I got the code wrong twice - alarm activated then I put in the proper code and it stopped ringing. That was grand. It is monitored and alarm co.. rang as result of activation thats fine.

As I was leaving I noted the RKP showing Fuse 1 / Battery Low error. The alarm set with no difficulty. I understand the alarm battery level indicator warning thats grand battery in since new , probably needs changing for new , why did the Fuse 1 blow? What is fuse 1 in the Airtech system?

Thks

PS THe Factory Engineer code for airtech (1278??) Thks

Deco

I understand alarm message battery low , thats fine it was never chanhed since installation , but why did fuse 1 blow?

(Kool Kid noted your answer thanks moved to this thread for further advice ta):confused:
    Advice appreciated (What is factory engineer code?1278 or similar??)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its Possibly a CD72 . The fuse would be the battery fuse.
    Does the error remain or disappear after a while. If some it may be just the battery.
    There was of version of RD62 digis when connected to a CD72 it would display Line Fault after an alarm restore instead of Call Central Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Fuse 1/low battery means that the battery is low or the fuse for the battery is blown, one or the other.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Merged threads. Minder 2009 No need for the 2 separate posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

minder2009 wrote: »
    Hi

I was un -setting my friends airtech (CS 350 I think) I got the code wrong twice - alarm activated then I put in the proper code and it stopped ringing. That was grand. It is monitored and alarm co.. rang as result of activation thats fine.

As I was leaving I noted the RKP showing Fuse 1 / Battery Low error. The alarm set with no difficulty. I understand the alarm battery level indicator warning thats grand battery in since new , probably needs changing for new , why did the Fuse 1 blow? What is fuse 1 in the Airtech system?

Thks

PS THe Factory Engineer code for airtech (1278??) Thks

Deco

I understand alarm message battery low , thats fine it was never chanhed since installation , but why did fuse 1 blow?

(Kool Kid noted your answer thanks moved to this thread for further advice ta):confused:
    Advice appreciated (What is factory engineer code?1278 or similar??)

Hi minder,

Here is the fuse locations for either panel. Fuse 1 is the battery fuse. It would of being caused by the battery. Replacing the fuse plus the battery will stop it coming up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cappuchi

Hi. Just to get in on the act..!! I have similar problem... I changed battery this morning and checked all fuses, they are all fine. However the Keypad still says 'Fuse 1/Low Batt' .... any further assistance would be welcome. Thanks. :confused:

• Advertisement

Have you checked the fuses with a meter while removed from the board?
    Have you checked the charge voltage on the battery leads?
    Have you checked the voltage on the battery?

Thanks for your reply.
    No, I just 'metered' the fuses 'in situ' (oops??)
    Charge voltage on battery is 13.4v
    Battery sitting happy at 12.4v

cappuchi wrote: »
    Charge voltage on battery is 13.4v
    Is this on the leads with the battery disconnected?

Battery connected reads 13.4v
    Battery disconnected reads 12.4v

Ok...........
    Connect the battery & disconnect the mains.
    Does the battery hold the system up?
    If so try metering the Aux power & see if there is any drop off while there is a load on the battery.
    12.4 is a little low for a new battery ,if all the above is good try power down entirly & power back up. After that give it overnight & see.

• Advertisement

OK. I'll do exactly that & see how we get on by the morning. Thanks very much, I appreciate your help.

Try the other bits now if you want.
    I'd be curious to see how the battery holds up on its own.
    Is this battery brand new or has it been lying around a while ?

Not brand new, was doing another function for a short while, but has been thoroughly charged before installation today. I'm away to try your previous suggestions, thanks again.

That might explain it.
    The alarm may be a little more fussy than most. Sure lets see what tomorrow brings.:D

Hi. Just found root of the problem. A VERY fluky Live connection on the AC Input... There is quite a lot packed into the box and apparently, after testing alarm on battery power alone, the main live wire into the connector block in the box broke off altogether. Re fixed this wire & hey presto the 'Fuse 1/Low Batt' disappeared from the keypad and all is sweet again. Very many thanks for all your help with the problem, I am most grateful. :)

Your more than welcome. Glad you got all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

cappuchi wrote: »
    Hi. Just found root of the problem. A VERY fluky Live connection on the AC Input... There is quite a lot packed into the box and apparently, after testing alarm on battery power alone, the main live wire into the connector block in the box broke off altogether. Re fixed this wire & hey presto the 'Fuse 1/Low Batt' disappeared from the keypad and all is sweet again. Very many thanks for all your help with the problem, I am most grateful. :)

I would look about putting a 3 amp fused spur on to your system. By the sounds of it you just have twin and earth going straight into the control panel. Flex from the fused spur is more flexible and would not break as easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

just to jump onto this thread
    alarm went off, reset it and i am left with "line fault"
    anyone any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

dolittle wrote: »
    just to jump onto this thread
    alarm went off, reset it and i am left with "line fault"
    anyone any ideas

Are you a UPC customer by any chance? It is an indication that your phone line failed.

no phone line connected

• Advertisement

There is no reason for it to display line fault. Are you sure there was never monitoring or never a line connected to it?

no definitely not

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

dolittle wrote: »
    no definitely not

Has the alarm ever texted or called your mobile?

Advertisement