Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 stolen surfboards

Options
  • 27-06-2011 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Camping in kerry at the weekend, while i was away from the tent, it was slashed and both my boards stolen. Please keep an eye out for them and get in touch with me if anyone tries to sell them to you.

one is a 9'6" balsa wood board, very distinctive, one of only a handful in the country.
    the other is a 7'9" bic naturalsurf with lots of pressure dings, and the remains of a tailpad

https://picasaweb.google.com/Mal.Kelly/StolenSurfBoards?feat=directlink

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Camping in kerry at the weekend, while i was away from the tent, it was slashed and both my boards stolen. Please keep an eye out for them and get in touch with me if anyone tries to sell them to you.

one is a 9'6" balsa wood board, very distinctive, one of only a handful in the country.
    the other is a 7'9" bic naturalsurf with lots of pressure dings, and the remains of a tailpad

https://picasaweb.google.com/Mal.Kelly/StolenSurfBoards?feat=directlink

Thanks.
    Post something on Magicsea weed, boards are nicked every year in kerry during the summer I bet they go to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

I'll keep an eye out for it, beautiful board.

Let the surf shops know about the bic too and keep an eye out in the advertiser sections and donedeal etc. If Spacehopper is right on the balsa then they might offload the bic first.

Hope you get your stuff back

• Registered Users Posts: 20 malkelly.pt

Cheers spacehopper, kodude :)

I've put together a page, if ye could spread the link to any surfers ye know, it'd be great. http://boardgone.blogspot.com

I've had a look on donedeal, buynsell, n every other 2nd hand board page i could find which covers ireland without seeing anything similar.

I also tweeted the link to @magicseaweed, so hopefully it'll spread.

On the plus side of things, the sunset the day my boards were nicked was one of the most beautiful i've seen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Tough break, I hope you get them back.

I don't know exactly where you were camping, but I've heard many stories of similar things happening to people camping around Dumps in the Maharees. Just a word of caution to anyone thinking of heading there.

yeah, i was at stoney gap, a break a bit before dumps.

i'd managed 53 days camping there so far this year with any probs, just to put things into perspective, and have probably camped out there about a year in total over the last 10 years, all without incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

i was camping down the dumps recently and noticed one suspicious glanza car hanging about that just didnt fit in down there, a few scoobs were packed into it just sitting there watchin ,so be wide everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Best bet is to google balsa longboard and check on ebay every day, you never know

http://community.magicseaweed.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27789

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Poster87

I saw a board similar to the wooden one last tuesday (lunchtime-ish) in lahinch. cant be 100% sure but i remember admiring it cos it was unusual. dunno if thats any help, but if people here who surf lahinch could keep an eye out maybe you'll get lucky.

i was camping down the dumps recently and noticed one suspicious glanza car hanging about that just didnt fit in down there, a few scoobs were packed into it just sitting there watchin ,so be wide everyone

was it a bronze/gold kind of colour by any chance?

Poster87 wrote: »
    I saw a board similar to the wooden one last tuesday (lunchtime-ish) in lahinch. cant be 100% sure but i remember admiring it cos it was unusual. dunno if thats any help, but if people here who surf lahinch could keep an eye out maybe you'll get lucky.

i saw a guy with a similar one there as well last summer, it may have been the same guy.. either way, mine were only nicked over the weekend. glad to have your eyes on the case though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

There was a kite board lifted a while ago in Clare, it turned up on donedeal.ie a couple of days later. Keep a sharp eye out for anything surf related, there's a good chance they don't know what it is or what it's made of. I will keep an eye out in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Poster87

whoops mis-read when they were taken. my bag was stolen last week and the guards pretty much said i'll never see my stuff again. anyway good luck finding your boards.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    There was a kite board lifted a while ago in Clare, it turned up on donedeal.ie a couple of days later. Keep a sharp eye out for anything surf related, there's a good chance they don't know what it is or what it's made of. I will keep an eye out in Dublin.

Yeah, i've been keeping an eye on ebay, buynsell, donedeal etc every day..

doubt i'll get them back, but no harm in trying.
    Cheers for all the help everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭VNP

Thats such a nice looking board i ll keep it in mind. How do you approach someone appropriately without getting in trouble with the law if you did spot someone, after having found my bike by chance in dublin (it was stolen a year beforehand) I got the cops to get it, but they might be hard to locate on some isolated spot or funny time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I fear stolen surfboards are like stolen musical instruments, somehow they disappear in Ireland fairly quickly.......

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭GreenCarver

Im down here surfing at the dumps, stradbally etc whenever I can so I'll keep an eye out

Advertisement