Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Energy Grant Query

Options
  • 27-06-2011 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi

Has anyone experience of not (beginning &) completing their works before the 6 month grant period elapses? I got approved for a grant earlier in the year, but unfortunaltey have not been able to commence the works within the 6 months.

I rang SEIA. The woman I spoke to told me if I hadn't commenced the work that I could cancel the grant, reapply (quickly) and I should be given another 6 months. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Yes that's normal. You have however lost 20% of your grant as reapplying under the new scheme involves new grants that are 20% less than what they where previously (excluding external wall insulation)

But reapply anyway :)

Advertisement