Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price comparison

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Sizzler,
    Sizzler wrote:
    Good to see electric Ireland are now allowed compete. Now simple question which I cant see covered anywhere on the forum, apologies if it has been.

Not at all Sizzler, happy to help.

I can confirm for you that we are actually cheaper than Airtricity, if you factor in their higher standing charge.

If we take the 24hr urban tariff as an example (and quoted figures excl. vat), Airtricity are offering a unit price of €0.1213 and a standing charge of €0.285c per day if you sign up to their best price plan (i.e. the Home Electricity Saver).

Now, if you look at our Supersaver price plan (our top offering), the unit price is showing €0.1286, but this does not include the additional 4% for direct debit and 2% for online billing. With these discounts included, the unit price drops to €0.1213, plus you would only have to pay a standing charge of €0.252 per day.

And if you were to sign up to ESB Electric Ireland with both gas and electricity, you would receive a further 3% discount on top of that (as Dual Supersaver customers can avail of 17% off electricity prices, as well as 6% off the regulated gas prices).
    Sizzler wrote:
    Happy to switch back after 2 years hopping between Bord Gais and Airtricity...

You're more than welcome to switch back. Feel free to PM me your details if you would like me to handle it for you.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Hi David

Excellent, thanks for that. Sorted, moved over gas & leccy today. Simple question, simple answer, thats all a customer could want :)

Goodbye and good riddance to Airtricity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Sizzler wrote:
    Simple question, simple answer, thats all a customer could want

Thanks very much Sizzler! :)

Advertisement