Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding photograph locations letterkenny

Options
  • 27-06-2011 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

hey im getting married in silver tassie , im wondering is there any ideal locations around that area or letterkeny for photographs? our photographer is not from the area so has no ideas, idealy it shouldnt b more than 15/20 min drive away ,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Ramelton is 10 minutes up the road and is a very picturesque town

http://www.flipkey.com/ramelton-vacation-rentals/p123419/

also, the Salmon Leap at Ramelton, especially in Autumn

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

lalalots wrote: »
    hey im getting married in silver tassie , im wondering is there any ideal locations around that area or letterkeny for photographs? our photographer is not from the area so has no ideas, idealy it shouldnt b more than 15/20 min drive away ,

Ramelton and the salmon leap down there would be good. Just goole it as there is some pics online and some video. The Silver Tassie is half ways between lettereknny and ramelton

Edit: Looks like Nort West Art Beat me to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

great minds think alike :)

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Aughaninshin abbey up at Kiltoy is another cracking spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sweet girl

There is a nice garden in Manorcunningham that people use. As far as I know you have to pay to use it though. It has lovely mature trees and also there is a pond in this garden.
    If you are travelling from Letterkenny heading in the direction of Lifford, take the 1st left after the dual carraigeway and i think its the first house on the left, there is gates at the entrance and a long driveway up to the house.
    St Eunans college is a popular spot and also the glebe gallery in Gartan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

I don't know what sort of place your after but we had our photos taken at Conwal Parish Church of Ireland just across the road from the cathedral(where we were married) - to be a wee bit different - so pleased with all the photo's(even the one in the graveyard). You do have to get permission for the gates to be opened for you, and no charge unless you want to make a donation :)

Have a lovely day anyway:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭mikedone

Castle Grove House Hotel and gardens (+353 (0)74 91 51118) only about half a kilometre away, you would probably have to book in advance and there may be a fee but it's worth it.
    Good luck for the future and have a day to remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Webber01

Photos helps to cherish memorable moments in wedding.You need to select ideal place for wedding such that its surroundings are also beautiful, because it is the background that gives more beauty to a photo. Make sure that the photographer is experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Webber01 wrote: »
    Photos helps to cherish memorable moments in wedding.You need to select ideal place for wedding such that its surroundings are also beautiful, because it is the background that gives more beauty to a photo. Make sure that the photographer is experienced.

Not neccesarily Webber01, although we had a professional photographer for our wedding, some of our best photo's were taking by family members. In fact the framed pic on our mantlepiece was taking by my cousin while we found our photographers pics fine - they were a wee bit stilted and posed if you know waht I mean(he is perhaps the most renowned photograper in L'Kenny btw).

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

The Glebe Gallery in Churchill is a lovely location for wedding pictures or down by Glendowan chapel (the opposite side of the lake).
    The town park in L'kenny can be lovely as well, not out of the way and you don't have to waste loads of time travelling there and back

• Advertisement
Advertisement