Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science Choice in UL?

Options
  • 27-06-2011 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi, I'am considering doing science choice in UL next year, I love biology and and want to study it more, I haven't studied chemistry or physics before and I'am kinda worried about that, what is the first year like chemistry and physics wise?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 limerick1234

im in the exact same boat.really interested to see what answers u get!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Podgel

heres hoping someone answers :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

First year chemistry is grand its a multilple choice exam(or it was when i did it 3 years ago and pretty much covers the basics and a couple of students who i know that didnt do it at leaving got B's in it. Physics is divided into a few topics but mechanics and heat was the one most science students did. its tough but if you put the work in and Go to the Tutorials you should be able to pass. those two subjects are from the 1st semester

if ye want ye can pm me the science choice module list and ill give ye a review of the ones i did

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Not doing Science Choice myself but a lot of the modules are the same as mine, Chemistry is handy if you attend lectures and tutorials, Labs are compulsory! I got a B in both semesters and I've never studied Chemistry before. Physics was harder for me as there was a lot of topics covered and I am not that keen on Physics or Calculus still got a B. The first semester is to bring everyone to the same level (leaving Cert standard) and it builds from there. Seems like a good course to get on :)

btw they run extra support tutorial for Chemistry basics if you are finding the going hard and there is also the support from the "Science Learning Center" were you have tutors on call for extra grinds, all free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

GO TO YOUR PHYSICS LECTURES! You will have the funniest most scatter-brained man for it. He is amazing.

My dog says woof :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

(well what else would he say Joe??)

• Advertisement
Advertisement