Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strike Back - Season 2 [** Spoilers **] (Mod Note Post #1)

• 27-06-2011 10:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Mod Note: It's being shown in the States 2 days ahead of the UK. If you are watching at UK pace, then beware of spoilers!

When are Sky showing it?

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/06/27/cinemax-series-strike-back-debuts-friday-august-12-at-10p/96669/

The confirmed debut date for the ten-episode season of the new CINEMAX series STRIKE BACK is FRIDAY, AUG. 12 at 10:00 p.m. (ET/PT).

STRIKE BACK is a high-octane action series focusing on a charismatic former U.S. Special Forces operative who teams up with a British military unit to stop an international terrorist group. Sullivan Stapleton (“Animal Kingdom,” “The Hunter”) and Philip Winchester (“Fringe,” “Crusoe”) star, along with Amanda Mealing (“Holby City,” “Four Weddings and a Funeral”) and Eva Birthistle (“Waking the Dead,” “Breakfast on Pluto”).

Executive producers are Andy Harries (HBO’s “Longford”) for Left Bank and Elaine Pyke (“The Runaway”) for Sky; co-executive producers are Dan Percival (HBO’s “Dirty War”) and Frank Spotnitz (“The X-Files”); Michael Casey (“Father & Son”) produces.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Is Richard Armitage coming back from S1 at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, he's in the trailer (which was originally posted on his website!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'll be checking this one out!

I saw an ad (with a date) for this on Sky this morning.
    It starts over here on Sunday August 21st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'll be checking it out tonight, something to watch on a Friday...fun fun fun!

Woah!...class, absolute class. Hard core stuff...show ain't pulling no punches on the sex and violence. Very enjoyable, pretty decent story so far and a few nice twists. Very high production values, looks great, lots of action, stunts, sex, blood, violence etc.

Definately sticking with this....recomended!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Just watched the first ep. Really good! Is the blonde captain Irish?? She has an accent

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Just watched eps 1 & 2 of S2. Very cool stuff, will continue with it!

What's S1 like? Do I need to watch it for any important background? Did it have a lower budget etc?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I cant wait to see this, absolutely loved the first season :D

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Is Richard Armitage coming back from S1 at all?
    Mr E wrote: »
    Yep, he's in the trailer (which was originally posted on his website!)
    He lasted about 10 minutes

Yeah no sh*t. :)

I watched the first 2 episodes over the weekend. Its like 24 with blood and boobs. :)

Yeah no sh*t. :)

I watched the first 2 episodes over the weekend. Its like 24 with blood and boobs. :)

Spartacus: Blood & Boobs

I like that title! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was the blonde actress on Fair City or Glenroe?

I expected John to be around for the whole series surprised he was killed off in the first episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was the blonde actress on Fair City or Glenroe?

I expected John to be around for the whole series surprised he was killed off in the first episode

Just looked up IMDB and she used to be in Glenroe. I dont remember her from that but I do remember her from the last season of Waking the Dead.

Just watched the second episode of Strike Back. Its a brilliant show. As another poster mentioned, it is like 24 with more blood and gore.

Episode 3 tonight lads!

Another really great episode.... :eek: at the ending.

Another really great episode.... :eek: at the ending.

I was like......:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Show ain't pulling NO punches!!!, excellent ep. with a shocker end....i'll spoiler tag incase folks ain't seen it yet
    killing off one of mian characters!

Balsy stuff man, not many shows would do something like this so this show is getting praise from me!, very solid ep. - jaysus some fine looking Irish wimmin' in this show, getting there kit off and all :)

Damn good show, great action, location shooting, blood 'n boobs, decent story, willing to take risks like other shows would avoid.

• Advertisement

Very cool ep alright. Although how many computer hackers would really be able to overpower an ex-delta soldier :rolleyes:

Am all caught up on Season 1 too, watched them all in one go, entertaining stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

**Spoiler from ep. 3**
    Is Damien Scott really dead I wonder? As according to wikipedia, Sullivan Stapleton who plays Scott has signed up for another Strike Back series should it be commissioned. Unless he signed up before he knew he was being killed off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

mad maya from coronation street is in it and still looks good ;)

Was it on last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Watched the first 2 episodes of S2 during the week,great stuff so far

Was it on last night?

No, Cinemax ran a marathon of the first three eps. - ep. 4 September 9th...thing is, Sky One will have caught up by then :rolleyes:

I hope this one week on one week off dosen't continue for it's 10 ep. run :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭rupamede

**Spoiler from ep. 3**
    Is Damien Scott really dead I wonder? As according to wikipedia, Sullivan Stapleton who plays Scott has signed up for another Strike Back series should it be commissioned. Unless he signed up before he knew he was being killed off?

Good point, I noticed that sentence too on wkpda. If you check IMDB, it says he's on the 10 eps too... If he does not survive, I personally think this series will be a disappointment but then it started like that with John Porter's death right on the 1st ep... Is their intention to make this a more realistic series in which all the good guys are killed to show this is what actually happens in the Real World?

rupamede wrote: »
    Good point, I noticed that sentence too on wkpda. If you check IMDB, it says he's on the 10 eps too... If he does not survive, I personally think this series will be a disappointment but then it started like that with John Porter's death right on the 1st ep... Is their intention to make this a more realistic series in which all the good guys are killed to show this is what actually happens in the Real World?

The so-called spoiler says Spoiler: Is Damien Scott really dead I wonder? As according to wikipedia, Sullivan Stapleton who plays Scott has signed up for another Strike Back series should it be commissioned. Unless he signed up before he knew he was being killed off?

The so-called spoiler says Spoiler: Is Damien Scott really dead I wonder? As according to wikipedia, Sullivan Stapleton who plays Scott has signed up for another Strike Back series should it be commissioned. Unless he signed up before he knew he was being killed off?

Ya don't understand the whole dynamic behind spoilers no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

**Spoiler from ep. 3**

Looking at the sky information it seems I was correct about the supposed death :p
    The bomb was just a test by those crafty nordies :pac:

Episode 4 tonight lads!

Not a bad fourth ep. - but not as pacy or bloody/actiony as the others, still good though. RIP the two Irish wans...a big loss, ah well...i'm sure more hotties will be introduced. Jimmy Mistry was great, solid performance from him....oh and RIP.

Just hope there is a new ep. next week and not another bloody break!

Episode 4 tonight lads!

Hi what channel was it on? I did not know this was on a Friday???

Its on in the States on Friday night, and on Sky One a couple of days later....

Good episode this week.... great show. :)

Hi what channel was it on? I did not know this was on a Friday???

Sky 1 tonight at 9

• Advertisement

Great episode I thought. Loved the ruthlessness of the IRA fella, scary stuff.
    "Obey this order sergeant" was a bit much though :rolleyes:

... and the award for best action scene of the summer goes to ...

Love this show. :)

Just seen ep. 5 + 6 there back-to-back, cracking stuff!....especially ep. 5 which was the best of the season, just great tv!...great action, pretty brutal stuff on display as well...cold blooded killings, pretty graphic content.

The sudan mission was terrific all round, just non stop action and tension, very well done battle scenes and shootouts. It's got a fair amount of humour as well, it's extremely slick, well shot, great locations, decent story with above average acting....i think it's all round great stuff!!

Highly recomended.

Ep. 7 had some excellent action!, first half was a bit slow but really picked up at the end...lots of good dialogue/laughs once again....the two boys have great banter, that blonde...Annabelle Wallis.....sweet jaysus!, stunner.....she's also in Pan Am playing Bridget.

I've sang this shows praises all season and nothing has changed my mind, it's one of those RARE shows that are consistent as hell, much like Nikita was last season or Spartacus, just consistent across the board.

Three eps. left and then straight into Boss on Starz....so Friday premium cable is rocking!

http://annabelle-wallis.net/gallery/pan-am-premieres-tonight-strike-back-news/

Another great episode!
    Has this been renewed for another season yet?

• Advertisement

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!! cinemax has renewed the show for third series! :D

• Cinemax has renewed its hit freshman series Strike Back for a 10-episode second season, set to bow in late 2012.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cinemax-renews-action-series-strike-245110

I read this in the press release: “Due to plot spoilers in upcoming episodes, the cast of season two will be announced at a later date.”

^^ OMG!...read between the lines, that surely means a main character WILL die!!!!!

Excellent news!
    Why does it say Season 2? Is this not season 2 that we're currently watching!?

Re: Episode 8 (which aired in the States last night), does anyone else think
    that after Stonebridges stint in the medical facility, he is now the Trojan Horse?

Re: Episode 8 (which aired in the States last night), does anyone else think
    that after Stonebridges stint in the medical facility, he is now the Trojan Horse?

:eek: jaysus!...i never even considered that!, when the female doctor was talking about subjects and experiments i just assumed it was related to organ collection for resale etc.

Are you saying they planted something inside Stonebridge?...a bomb?, a virus?....what was up with that last scene?...taking out the shoehorned in sex scene, scanning the PDA thing, it seems obvious that female Major running the operation is corrupt.

Ep. wasn't as good as the others but still very watchable, two left :)

Didn't even consider that he was the trojan horse now, good call.

Why does it seem obvious that the Major is corrupt? The communications girl? The main one is a Colonel, looks like she's running her own investigations quietly rather than being corrupt.

Thought that episode was class. I wanted that politician dead long before the minefield but I'm glad he was blown up, he did a very good job at being annoying.

Mr. E - you nailed it!....bombs inside bombers, is it still possible Stonebridge is a "sleeper bomb"?...as in he's wired but not know it?....could be in the finale the boys take out the bombers but then discover Stonebridge is packing a VX bomb in his appendix.....ergo why Cinemax didn't announce season 3 casting, 'cause Stonebridge will blow up?

Another really great ep., that shootout was the best yet!....dozens of rebel fighters tryna off our boys, they really had me at the end!...i totally thought Stonebridge had been shot by Latif....well played!

Then bam!, Stonebridge walks in Latif captured, excellent. Really looking forward to the finale now, tis a great actioneer and teriffic Friday night tv.

Another great episode. That firefight with the Chechens was class.
    Sure at this rate Latif could have a bomb in him too, ya never know! He may have meant to be caught. It's what I like about this show, ya never really know what's going on.

The season finale was pretty much a regular episode with no major surprises (apart from the 'carnage'). Just as well that regular episodes are action packed, so. :)

Latif's last scene was really cool too, very well done.

Was a nice finish. Good action, stories wrapped up.
    Wonder who'll be back for next season. I guess Stonebridge won't but might be cameos or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Looks like they are both back according to the Sky One site. Plus theres a comp there for a walk on part in next season and trip to South Africa to film it. :D

http://sky1.sky.com/strike-back/exclusive-competition-be-on-strike-back-3

• Advertisement
Advertisement