Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's with the Xmas lights on Lower Thomas Street?

• 27-06-2011 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why they've put up some xmas lights on the poles down by the Still House? :confused:

Beats me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Anyone know why they've put up some xmas lights on the poles down by the Still House? :confused:

Beats me.
    I saw it myself and I was asking my friend with me "was that ... always there ..."
    th_confused.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Christmas 2 is coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I saw it last night.. Can't remember seeing it.. But I recall that I saw it! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

They need to erect some all year round Christmas decorations now that the non-floating Christmas tree is gone. They are a great tourist attraction apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

The council want to try out something new with the lights this year, instead of going across the streets they want them going up and down poles.
    But they don't want to have to pay for new lights, because the existing ones aren't too old. So they wanted to try and see if they could do something with the lights they have, so the electricians were out at 5am Sunday morning to show them their solution and see if it worked or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Ah right! That sounds about right! :P

Cheers cee_jay!

Having said that though, did the council not realise that they've used lights on poles on Bedford Row, Thomas Street, Roches Street and Catherine Street since 2007? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

year round christmas, it'll bring 10 million into the city

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Sure they only took the tree down/out of the water a few weeks ago:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

krudler wrote: »
    year round christmas, it'll bring 10 million into the city

Dats Christmas Ctaaayy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Christmas 2....

A new initiative by Limerick City Council to bring people back into the city......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Christmas 2
    simpsons-love-day.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

cee_jay wrote: »
    The council want to try out something new with the lights this year, instead of going across the streets they want them going up and down poles.
    But they don't want to have to pay for new lights, because the existing ones aren't too old. So they wanted to try and see if they could do something with the lights they have, so the electricians were out at 5am Sunday morning to show them their solution and see if it worked or not.
    Someone better tell them that there are no poles on O'connell St. All the street lights are attached to the buildings, so the only poles are the parking signs and the traffic lights.:confused::confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Someone better tell them that there are no poles on O'connell St. All the street lights are attached to the buildings, so the only poles are the parking signs and the traffic lights.:confused::confused:

True, but if William St is finished by Christmas then there'll be poles all the way from Sarsfield St to Upper William St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

William Street is due to be completed by october......touch and go if it will be ready for Christmas then :D:D

Advertisement