If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 46d7000/8000 vs 47LW550T

Options
  • 27-06-2011 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Any advice on which is better? 3D is a nice to have but 2D andHDperformance are of utmost importance as well as Internet streaming. Could you give me some advicevand prices, need to support saorview also.
    Thanks,
    Eoin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Eoin.

Thanks for the post.

You have a couple of very good TV's here.

I personally would have to go for the LG but it's purely on a price thing.

The LG is a fantastic TV and well worth the money. I feel that the LG doesn't have the same wow factor styling as the Samsung and the Samsung does have the edge in terms of 3D. Where the LG tends to stack up better is in the sound, the 2D performance and it has some nice features in relation to the steaming.

Samsung have a slight edge on the smart TV which is better laid out but I think the LG is a slightly better balanced TV for the money.

The LG 47 is £1199.95 and the Samsung 46D7000 is £1499.95. I don't feel that the 8000 offers anything tangible over the 7000 for the money difference.

They both support Saorview presently. The LG I have in stock and the Samsung is due back into the UK warehouse next tomorrow so I can get one in about 10 days.

I hope this helps but let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Thanks Dave,
    I appreciate thevfeedback, ill have a think about it and comeback to you. Asvan asiide, How much to deliver to ennis?

Eoin

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ctlsleh wrote: »
    Thanks Dave,
    I appreciate thevfeedback, ill have a think about it and comeback to you. Asvan asiide, How much to deliver to ennis?

Eoin

Eoin,

we would deliver any of the TV's you are interested in to Ennis for about £49.95.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,
    Currys doing a pretty good package on the 47LW650T (instead of 550T) and throwing in a 3D Blu Ray for an extra 50quid, can you do better?
    thanks,
    Eoin

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ctlsleh wrote: »
    Hi John,
    Currys doing a pretty good package on the 47LW650T (instead of 550T) and throwing in a 3D Blu Ray for an extra 50quid, can you do better?
    thanks,
    Eoin

Ctl,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we are low on stock of the 47LW650 so we only do it to order but I can do it at €1449.99 for you no problem.

Keep me posted if you do see it cheaper!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

thanks John,
    Does this price include the 3D Blu Ray and delivery like Curry's?
    Assume this set is coming from UK that it also supports Saorview?
    Let me know thanks and see what you can do to improve/sweeten the deal
    thanks,
    Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Eoin.

We are happy to beat any price, however I can't see where that Currys deal is being offered.

Where did you see it ?

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave, check out the currys thread on boards on the 47LW650T.......they are offering the 47LW650Tplus 3Dblu ray plus delivery for €1549

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.