Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25 Cork to Midleton "Dual Carrigeway" question

Options
  • 28-06-2011 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,070 ✭✭✭✭

Was on a road trip lately and travelling from Cork to Midleton on the dual carrgeway and I could not believe my eyes, junctions that allow you to cross onto the median and wait for a gap in other traffic, houses with entrances facing onto the dual carriageway itself, I wondered how it was allowed to happen until someone pointed out that the houses probably predated the dual carriageway and that some bright spark came up with the idea to just build another road along side the existing one and hey presto dual carriageway.
    So, when was this thought up and built and by whom? And do the relevant authorities have any plans to address the safety hazards that are there?
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement