If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos Quote

Options
  • 28-06-2011 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

Hows it going lads would you be able to give me your best price for the following:

2 x ZonePlayer S5
    1 x ZonePlayer 120
    1 x ZoneBridge 100

I also need speakers for the 120 but il let you recommend something for me, it will be going in a room thats about 9m x 4m, something not too pricey as the list above will be a big enough shock to the bank balance

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Officer.

Cheers for the post.

Just a quick question before I knock you up a quote.

That's quite a big room......can you cope with a floorstanding speaker or are you looking something a little more discreet ?

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Hi Officer.

Cheers for the post.

Just a quick question before I knock you up a quote.

That's quite a big room......can you cope with a floorstanding speaker or are you looking something a little more discreet ?

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

Im doing a garage conversion and hadn't thought of floorstanding speakers to be honest, the plan at the moment is to have a pool table in one end and a tv in the other so the music speakers will mainly be for The pool table end

I also want to get a 50 inch plasma and surround sound for The other end of the room, any suggestions, I got a panny 50g20 last year and find it great but looking for something small bit cheaper, il be using it for playing ps3 and watching sky sports

Cheers,

Shane

I was going to suggest the LGPK590 but from reading reviews people seem to be concerned about IR in the LG plasmas, what you reckon

Hi Giggles.

The LG 50PK590 have sold very well for us and we've not had any complaints. You will find an issue with any TV on the market if you look hard enough but I would have no problems in recommending that one.

That is a big room, so I personally would have to recommend floorstanders or at a minimum, smaller speakers and a subwoofer.

The speakers will be determined by the budget, so if you can let me know if you had a budget in mind, I'll price up the whole system with TV etc and I'll send you a few options.

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

Il go with the floorstanding speakers, Iv attached a very quick drawing of what i think the room will look like which might help you make some recommendations, the music is mainly gonna be for the pool table area so they dont have to cover down to the TV, i didnt really have a budget in mind, im looking for a decent set that will last not the top end of the scale.

You can price me for the LG Pk590 if you aint getting any complaints about them.

Cheers,

Shane

• Advertisement

forgot the "plans"

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Dave,

Il go with the floorstanding speakers, Iv attached a very quick drawing of what i think the room will look like which might help you make some recommendations, the music is mainly gonna be for the pool table area so they dont have to cover down to the TV, i didnt really have a budget in mind, im looking for a decent set that will last not the top end of the scale.

You can price me for the LG Pk590 if you aint getting any complaints about them.

Cheers,

Shane

Shane,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I'm not sure if Dave has already replied to you as he is off on an ill-deserved hol at the moment - If not just drop me a line with your wishes and I'll do my best to keep the Officer giggling!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

John,

No i was still waiting on dave to get back onto me, im looking for a quote on the following

2 x ZonePlayer S5
    1 x ZonePlayer 120
    1 x ZoneBridge 100

I also need speakers for the 120 but havnt a clue as to what ones, iv attached a very basic drawing of what i hope will be my room when its finished which might help in what speakers to recommend, the music is mainly for the end of the room with the pool table so the speakers dont need to cover down as far as the TV, I also want the LG 50PK590 as well.

Cheers

Shane

bump

Hi Officer.....don't shoot !!!!!

Just back from hols and cheers for the bump as I may have missed it.

That's a really good area you have there and I would recommend taking a look at these :

http://ap.bostonacoustics.com/A-250-Floorstanding-Speaker-P433.aspx

These are £299.95 for the pair, sound great and are finished in a very nice stylish piano black finish. We are already the cheapest around on these speakers as most places have them at £450.

The other alternative would be the every popular Monitor audio BX5 speakers :

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/bronze-bx/bx5/

We have these at £399.95, again I think we are the cheapest around. These get 5 star reviews in a few different magazines.

Take a look and let me know if either grab you.

ATB and sorry for the delay.....the holiday was great if it helps ! :(

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 chamaid

Giggles. did you get these and if so how did you get on

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.