Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport knowledge needed!

Options
  • 28-06-2011 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I've UL as my first choice for next year but I live in donegal so it's pretty far away!
    I know that Feda runs from killybegs or donegal town to Galway and then you get bus eireann or something to limerick then? But it takes ages it seems?

A person from the town who graduated from UL 2yrs ago used to get a private bus down which she found really handy! And held down her weekend job bcos its timetables were very suited! Which I also wanna do!

Mc Gowans I think ? Anyone have any info on it? Or know where I would get info??

Anything would be much appreciated! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

siobhanc93 wrote: »
    I've UL as my first choice for next year but I live in donegal so it's pretty far away!
    I know that Feda runs from killybegs or donegal town to Galway and then you get bus eireann or something to limerick then? But it takes ages it seems?

A person from the town who graduated from UL 2yrs ago used to get a private bus down which she found really handy! And held down her weekend job bcos its timetables were very suited! Which I also wanna do!

Mc Gowans I think ? Anyone have any info on it? Or know where I would get info??

There's a private bus that goes from donegal (sorry don't know where in donegal) to Limerick through Roscommon and Athlone. Fairly affordable aswell I get if for €9 to Athlone. Don't have the number for it but I can post it near the start of the year, when I get it, if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 siobhanc93

yesno1234 wrote: »

There's a private bus that goes from donegal (sorry don't know where in donegal) to Limerick through Roscommon and Athlone. Fairly affordable aswell I get if for €9 to Athlone. Don't have the number for it but I can pot it near the start of the year when I get it if you want.

That would be great! Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Such a long journey to go by bus every weekend, if you have a weekend job fair enough, otherwise just stay in Limerick for the weekend, always things going on.

1huge1 wrote: »
    Such a long journey to go by bus every weekend, if you have a weekend job fair enough, otherwise just stay in Limerick for the weekend, always things going on.

Anytime I stayed up I was bored ****less. Majority of people go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Sorry should of clarified, UL itself can be rather dull during the weekend, but don't forget there is a whole city out there.

Its kind of Irish culture to go home for the weekend, being such a small country might explain this, but when I studied in Austria, also a small country, students would go home at most once a month, guess we are just a bunch of mommy's boys and daddy's girls :-) no offence intended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 siobhanc93

1huge1 wrote: »
    Sorry should of clarified, UL itself can be rather dull during the weekend, but don't forget there is a whole city out there.

Its kind of Irish culture to go home for the weekend, being such a small country might explain this, but when I studied in Austria, also a small country, students would go home at most once a month, guess we are just a bunch of mommy's boys and daddy's girls :-) no offence intended.

Yeah I get what you mean it's so long of a journey!! But I'm planning on coming home every 2nd weekend just to keep up my job! If I didn't have the job I wouldn't plan on coming home except once a month! I'm not too much of a home bird really :) no offense taken!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Yeah I get what you mean it's so long of a journey!! But I'm planning on coming home every 2nd weekend just to keep up my job! If I didn't have the job I wouldn't plan on coming home except once a month! I'm not too much of a home bird really :) no offense taken!!

Look for a job down here perhaps?

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Look for a job down here perhaps?

Little to no chance of gettin s job in Limerick at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Little to no chance of gettin s job in Limerick at the moment.

Defo not true. And places will be taking people on in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

McGowans go twice on a Sunday from Donegal town via Sligo, Roscommon & Athlone to UL. Very long journey on not the most comfortable of roads. Didn't take me long to decide on saving up for a car and driving myself up and down.

Their number is 071-9641059 if you want to get times & prices from them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement