Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1.30am and dog barking non stop!!

Options
  • 28-06-2011 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Ok since I wasn't allowed ask I'm my last question due to privacy laws about dog owners can someone suggest what I do about this dog. I have just been woken out of my sleep after trying for ages to get asleep due to chest infection and am really fed up now. If I don't know what house its coming from am I supposed to go and knock on the door of every house in that block to find out who the owner is being unconvinced yet again!! Sorry for getting so annoyed but this is ridiculous and being uncomfortably pregnant does not help. HELP!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

I understand where you coming from. I suggest contacting the management company and perhaps they can circulate a newsletter about dogs barking and also to remind residents to be conscious of their neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

I feel your pain (maybe not the pregnancy part)

This problem has been on going from the start and has only got even more out of control as the years have gone on.

I've had to go round to countless houses and have a quiet word with the owners.. That has seemed to work in most cases although some needed a re-visit..[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jayson/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

I'm also a dog owner however I feel it’s not the dogs fault but the owners, This would be evident when they let their dogs bark non-stop in the early hours of the morning or in your case very late at night and not have the decency to bring them in or quiet them down.

I think there is a lot of people living in these estates that have no manners and are so selfish that they don’t care about anyone including their neighbors...

First of all find out where the dog is and call round... This normally solves the problem (at least for a few days)
    After that if there is still a problem then call round again and mention that the management company will get involved...
    After that if it still goes on then you can chose your own method of dealing with the owner..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Poco

I feel your pain and have had to cover my ears to block out the barking.... I guess it is part of living in such a big estate.... Much the same as having to listen to a neighbor’s crying baby when sitting out the back garden in the evening...

I too am a dog owner and would just like to add that not all dog owners knowingly allow their dogs to continuously bark, they may not be aware that the dog is causing a disturbance to neighbors....

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

Did you ask any of your neighbours if they can hear it too? This might help to identify the property the dog lives in.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Thanks all for your moral support. Rang Katie today in management company and she said she can get letter to them once I have the exact house number. So going to send my hubby around to ask a few neighbours tomorrow as I don't want any confrontation in my condition just incase he happens to knock on door of grumpy dog owner. I have to say in 6 years never had a problem with noise of any dogs so this is a first. Most dog owners are very responsible and considerate, but 1,2 4 and 5 am is unreasonable to be letting a dog out to have a barking session for more than 5 mins. Lets see how it goes tonight fingers crossed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

How did you get on, did you find the owners?
    One of my 4 is a barker, she can set the others off too, but only if she's out in the garden during the day & our neighbours dogs start or the pidgeons/crows land in her garden. I'd be absolutely mortified if I thought she was barking at night or keeping anyone awake.
    I wonder how the owners of the dog keeping you awake is sleeping through the barking? Surely it must be keeping them awake too.
    Hope you get a good night's sleep soon!

Just when I thought It was all going so well...... sometime between 2 and 4am that damn big dog started to bark again, I didnt check my alarm clock as I didnt want to cry then at around 6am it started again!!!! I mean seriously are these people for real!!! I have had it now. I am off this morning to drop a lovely letter into that group of houses as I still dont know which one it is and politely ask the dog owners to keep their dogs in until a decent hour of the morning otherwise "Hell hath no fury like a pregnant woman scorned!":D

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

My wife happened to be up at about 4am this morning feeding the baby and she could hear what sounded like a big dog barking in the distance.

Well he was at it again last night 1am for around 10 / 15mins long enough to wake me and keep me awake!!! Grrrrrrrr. Didnt get round to delievering the letter yesterday so will defo be doing it today. Is anyone hearing this dog or am I the only person being driven insane!!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

I'm starting to think you may be expecting a puppy, if you're the only person who can hear it.......!

• Advertisement

I think u could be right!!! Then again what are the chances of those 7 houses using boards.ie? I live in hope, although having a puppy maybe simpler than pushing out a large baby!!!:D

Advertisement