Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting time for Citizenship test in Sydney

Options
  • 28-06-2011 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping to apply for my citizenship soon and I was wondering if anyone had applied recently in Sydney and how long they were waiting for the citizenship test after they lodged the application?

Did you get much notice before hand? (i.e. your test is in 2 weeks)

The reason I ask is that I will be aboard a lot with work after I lodge the application however they are flexiable on dates so just wondering should I wait on-shore for the test before I leave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Applied online and had the interview/test about 3 weeks later in Paramatta. Interview was dead on DIAC bloke just chatted about my work, where I lived & what I do at the weekends etc.

Asked me wether I looked at the test booklet and am I ready to take the test... I replied yes and it's all really a bit of commonsense and he just laughed. Showed me into the test room which had about 20 computers, showed me to mine and said 20 questions in 45 minutes passmark is 80%

took 2 mins 13 sec to get 20/20 got the result and went back to work whole thing took about 50 minutes, sent out a letter about a month later to say I had been approved and they would give notice of the citizenship ceremony.

Took 2 months to get a date for the ceremony, l then changed mine to the Australia day ceremony so had to wait another 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 happo

Well done mandrake04 on getting citizenship.

Did they let you know long after you appiled on-line when your interview would be?

Also did they send you the information via post or e-mail?

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Took about 5 days to get the notice, they sent it by post Happo

You would need to check wether you can travel outside Australia between your approval and ceremony. Once you become a Citizen your PR visa is cancelled and you must use your Aussie Passport for entering Australia.

You can't get a Aussie passport until get your certificate at your ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 happo

Oh never taught about the travel restrictions. :confused:

It looks like I will need to put aside about 4 months for the entire process and for convinces sake I will need to be in the country.

Thanks for all the info mandrake04.

Advertisement