Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Hard drive on Acer Laptop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

If It's anything like my Iomega, then it's going to be awkward to get inside of.
    I Don't know what model I have, but mine has a 2.5" drive inside of it.

-Quick search of google threw this back at me
    "the 160GB* 2.5-inch drive is USB-powered for simple operation..."
    http://go.iomega.com/en/info/iomega-news40/?partner=4725

Hope that helps =)

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

Well I think i knew this went opening it up that the acer connectors have this little connector on the too take Ide 2.5 Drives.

Now your link says its eSATA in them never heard of that connection.

Im not going to open it at all. I will just pick him one up on adverts feck can't believe I forgot to not tell him about the ide.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

eSATA is the connector on the outside of the drive - an alternative to USB. It's probably a SATA drive as you don't see IDE drives much any more - even in enclosures.

Are you sure that the laptop needs an IDE drive?

Edit: That's a USB 3 drive. It'll almost certainly have an SATA drive in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

yeah I am def sure it needs a ide drive. my mate is looking for a 500 gig.

Never went at a acer before.

You sure its a sata inside. its a brand new 500 ego I dont want to go ripping it apart and find out its a sata that would suck ass buddy
    Monotype wrote: »
    eSATA is the connector on the outside of the drive - an alternative to USB. It's probably a SATA drive as you don't see IDE drives much any more - even in enclosures.

Are you sure that the laptop needs an IDE drive?

Edit: That's a USB 3 drive. It'll almost certainly have an SATA drive in there.

Advertisement