Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Health Insurance

Options
  • 28-06-2011 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been posted before, but been digging around and to no avail.

Have any of you permanent ressies taken out policies for Private Health companies?
    If so, who are reasonable providers or wheres a good place to start? I've tried i-select and a few other search engine type ones, but I heard they get paid a commission for mentioning certain companies.

Looking for basic hospital cover and half decent extras - general/major dental, optical, physio, naturopathy etc.

I know it waives/ affects the medicare levy come tax time too? Anyone share a birra light?

Cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Was paying $92 pm with HCF and the Mrs was paying $94, got joint with MBF $164 for both of us. Might just go back to HCF tho think it was far better.

If you are over 31 to get hit 1.5% Medicare surcharge for your income think it goes up 1% for every year over 31 that you dont start Private health care.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Was paying $92 pm with HCF and the Mrs was paying $94, got joint with MBF $164 for both of us. Might just go back to HCF tho think it was far better.

If you are over 31 to get hit 1.5% Medicare surcharge for your income think it goes up 1% for every year over 31 that you dont start Private health care.

Cheers fella,

Jaysus its worse than shopping for life insurance these companies dont make it easy. Theres clauses, hidden costs, ambulance cover waivers, rebates - be handy if it was in black and white.

HCF look decent alright, policies are a bit hard to decifer - think i'll just get a pin out and pick at random :D

Advertisement