Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bootlace ferrules

Options
  • 28-06-2011 8:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

are small ferrules on flexible cores connected to mcbs,isolators and contactors a good idea

fair enough on bigger tri rated panel flex

for stranded cores- hager says to bend back the wire when connecting to mcb and don't twist

-for good contact

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

M cebee wrote: »
    are small ferrules on flexible cores connected to mcbs,isolators and contactors a good idea

fair enough on bigger tri rated panel flex

Ye I think they are good, it can make things a little slower, but only downside really. One thing you do have to watch for though is tightening onto the plastic ring, can happen if your not concentrating

for stranded cores- hager says to bend back the wire when connecting to mcb and don't twist

-for good contact

Pet hate of mine to see solid twisted, so many do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

yes solid shouldn't be twisted

are we talking about the same thing

http://www.csedistributors.com/acatalog/Twin_Entry_Pre_Insulated_Ferrules.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I used to crimp them ferules on, there are proper crimpers to do it. They crimp them into a square shape.

Them flexible wires are far better in them ferules than direct in terminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

-for good contact

I assume its the standard 7 stand cores there that hager are talking about.

The ferules would be used on them flexible cores with many strands in them, such as in silflex cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ye, i meant if the terminal is deep, and you put it in the whole way the contact is made against the plastic ring part of the ferrule making it a poor connection if you get me

• Advertisement

robbie7730 wrote: »
    I assume its the standard 7 stand cores there that hager are talking about.

The ferules would be used on them flexible cores with many strands in them, such as in silflex cable.

ya ferrule for flexible cores

crimps for flexible and stranded

Davy wrote: »
    Ye, i meant if the terminal is deep, and you put it in the whole way the contact is made against the plastic ring part of the ferrule making it a poor connection if you get me

ya i got you now

Advertisement