Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats in garden

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Please tell me you're not being serious. You can't honestly condone people disposing of/"relocating" people's pets?

As previously stated, there are ways and means of deterring "pests" other than separating beloved pets from their families, which is cruel, unjust and heart-breaking for both parties involved.

Read again what runawaybishop said - he never mentioned "disposal" - he never mentioned "separating beloved pets from their families" - relocating doesn't necessarily mean far away - it could just mean relocating to the owners garden.

Folks - I am tempted to lock this thread if it continues to go down the road of advocating cruelty and members just having a go at each other. Please can everyone stop advocating cruelty and treat other members in a civil manner or I will lock it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    Read again what runawaybishop said - he never mentioned "disposal" - he never mentioned "separating beloved pets from their families" - relocating doesn't necessarily mean far away - it could just mean relocating to the owners garden.

Folks - I am tempted to lock this thread if it continues to go down the road of advocating cruelty and members just having a go at each other. Please can everyone stop advocating cruelty and treat other members in a civil manner or I will lock it.

I merely stated that i disagreed with Cotton when that poster called another callous for, what i felt was, behaviour whos goal was to protect her children. In no way do I support cruelty to animals, but I do support the welfare of a child over that of a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I merely stated that i disagreed with Cotton when that poster called another callous for, what i felt was, behaviour whos goal was to protect her children. In no way do I support cruelty to animals, but I do support the welfare of a child over that of a cat.

Not going to get into an argument over who said what and when

My mod warning stands:

Don't advocate cruelty to animals
    Don't have a go at each other

Please don't derail the thread any further by discussing my mod warning - send me a pm with any issues/problems

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement