Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb Q about SSD's and Sata2/3

Options
  • 28-06-2011 8:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Ok, so, I am 99.99% sure on this already, but I'll double check anyway.

I am going to buy an SSD (yay for me), but I want to get one of them Fancy Pants Sata III ones so when I eventually upgrade my Mobo/CPU combo I can benefit from it.

Now, I want to know, will the Sata III SSD even work with the Sata II connector, albeit at slower speeds? I am certain SATA is Backwards compatable, but I want to double check!

Its only €15 to go from the SATA 2 to the SATA 3 version anyway, so feck it. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Yeah, it should work okay, apart from the speed cap. Make sure to enable AHCI in the BIOS rather than IDE or legacy to get whatever speed you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CullyA

what are you buying ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Leman

CullyA wrote: »
    what are you buying ??

An OCZ Agility 3 60GB. It was only 15€ to go from the SATA 2 to SATA 3 so I thought feck it it'll be faster once I bother upgrading my MOBO

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CullyA

nice enjoy :)

Advertisement