Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Passport

• 28-06-2011 9:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭

Hi all

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/pets/getapetpassport/

Can someone in the know tell me if this procedure is up too date?

Ive been told your pet has to go into quarantine for 6 months? Surely this isnt the case?

Cheers D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yes it is up to date. Are you going to another country or bringing a dog in to Ireland?

The pet passport takes up to 6 months for the results to come back, so if you leave Ireland you cannot return with the animal for at least 6 months. There is no quarantine anymore.

Although going in to some countries i think there could be still some quarantine but im not 100%. Could be Australia, but i stand corrected...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

andreac wrote: »
    Yes it is up to date. Are you going to another country or bringing a dog in to Ireland?

The pet passport takes up to 6 months for the results to come back, so if you leave Ireland you cannot return with the animal for at least 6 months. There is no quarantine anymore.

Although going in to some countries i think there could be still some quarantine but im not 100%. Could be Australia, but i stand corrected...

Thank you...i would be looking at poss going to another EU country..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Well if thats the case, you should start the tests now and you can leave any time after that, you dont need to quarantine going into another E.U. country as we are rabies free, but if you wanted to come back im nearly sure you have to wait 6 months from the date of the initial blood tests.

Now, i saw something recently about there being some changes on the retrictions so it might be best to contact the Dept of Agriculture and get some clarification on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

excellent...thanks for the input!

Advertisement