Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dabs.ie order

Options
  • 28-06-2011 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

hi guys

im in the (very long) process of building my first PC for use in audio production... and i have ordered all the parts i need from dabs.ie
    but has anyone had problems with them? as i have had nothing but problems...

parts were in stock when i ordered but are NOW out of stock.. ordered the bugger in april and have only received the empty case!!!! got emails (theres no phone number to ring, no surprises there with this kind of service) saying they are in the process of reordering the parts for me now... this is crazy! and of course they took the whole payment so now i cant do anything but wait for the parts that will no doubt take another few months to ship if they even ship at all!

i cant be the only one with this kind of problem, can I?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fiur

No you're not. I'm not sure what's going on there but their service is terrible.
    We dabs.ie once for an office order (mice and keyboards) again we chose only what was in stock and after the order the items went to "out of stock" or "in stock in 2-3 days".
    After about 2 weeks of waiting for the order we tried to cancel the order but we were unable to do so from the website.
    Like you said it's very hard to contact them and it was just a nightmare. The items were delivered in the end but i don't think we'll ever use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 johnnyjo

how long did it take for the items to arrive? and why is it even dabs.IE when everything is shipped and handled in the UK...
    suppose theres nothing i can do but wait for the stuff to arrive and NEVER order off them again..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fiur

In total i think it took about a month can't remember exactly, over 3 weeks anyway.
    The issue with them is that they don't have all the products that they claim they have. Some of the products come from other distributors or other companies and in their turn they're waiting for those to get delivered to them (even though they show them as in stock).
    You could try and email them and find out which are the items that are holding up the order and try to swap them or cancel those.
    Or if you paid with a credit card cancel the payment and the order. It's strange that they took the whole payment i thought they only process the payment when the order is fully processed.

There has being plenty of users here with similar stories.

A housemate of mine, ordered a build and it took 5 weeks to arrive in multiple deliveries.

Contacting them is so difficult as there is no landline, the live chat function never seemed to work, and when he emailed, he received responses within 48 hours which all seemed to be scripted with very little relevance to the email sent.

I used them twice and had no difficulties, though after seeing what my friend went through and the frustration he had in trying to obtain some form of communication, I am inclined to dismiss them when window shopping and purchase from other suppliers.

The only way of getting some communication with them from what I see, is follow them on twitter, and air your concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I've used them a good few times. The rule is don't be in a hurry with them and avoid low stock items. They probably keep very low stock to ensure that they can keep close to the market prices.
    I had pretty positive experiences, with only one problem of a missing item which was sorted out quickly.

This was a few years ago and it sounds like they've gotten a lot worse. They didn't take the money before and items could be cancelled at any time (and added again to get the latest price ;) ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Revoque1

I've just cancelled an order with them because I was waiting a week for more stock to arrive. Also ordered 5 items off them on 21st and the order tracking says the items are still in Manchester today 29th so it thats anything to go by, not what you would call a quick service.
    I also ordered items from Overclockers.co.uk on the 21st and received them on the 24th
    My advice would be if you are still waiting for stock from dabs cancel your order m8 and try overclockers or maby even Scan.co.uk even though their site security is a bi*ch, you might pay a little more but the service and delivery times are a hell of a lot better.
    By the way both orders mentioned above were sent by Royal Mail.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

I've just used dabs.ie a week ago. The goods were handed to the courier (Parcelforce) the next day so no complaints there, but PF was sitting on the order in their 'Preston hub' for more than 2 days, and didn't make quick on it afterwards either so from clicking the button to receiving the packet it was almost 8 days, and was eventually handed to me by GLS. I can't blame dabs to be honest, if only for using such a slow courier. Then again, I chose them because they advertise themselves as having a warehouse in Dublin and I was hoping for quicker delivery...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bluehat

Ordered from dabs4work.ie with 1-3 days delivery time. After 4 days the parcel wasn't even collected. No one to speak to, send emails, so on. Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 johnnyjo

update:

sort of update anyway.. stuff is in transit or so we think... they are using parcelforce as they courier.. does anyone have any contact info for this crowd?! they tried to deliver but something happened with the address.. so its now back at the depot. does anyone know where the depot is? i would go up and get it myself instead of further wait

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

I'm now waiting 13 days for my SSD to arrive from Dabs.ie. Not impressed. -_-

What makes it worse is that I've gone to the trouble of contacting them - the dispatch date they're claiming doesn't even match the one in the dispatch email they sent me initially. Further, it'd still be 10 days wait even if they dispatched it that day (3-5 day delivery ...sure).

Now, to add insult to injury, the Royal Mail number they sent me doesn't actually seem to exist according to the (very helpful) RM employee I talked to and isn't even the right format for a full number (it's missing the country code at the end).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Advanced Computer Spares Ltd

welcome to the world of box movers, I had a friend who used work with dabs and he said they used GLS for shipping to Ireland. Not sure if they still do but try the tracking no. on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

yes they still use gls

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Jazuz, used them a few times for a couple of bits and bobs and no problem however will avoid them in future purchases after reading this thread

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

ive never had issue with them either but i always make sure to order in stock and expect at least a weeks delivery time. i guess its just down to good luck to some degree

for me the most frustrating problem with them is that the packages dont even get collected from them for a number of days after an order is placed.

Well, my SSD finally arrived yesterday - installed it, it worked for 5 minutes then died (no longer even detected in BIOS)...

The worst part is the hoops to jump through to return the damned thing.* I don't think I'm going to use dabs again.

*"We'll collect it sometime in August... oh, actually. No, lets make that 'we'll call you sometime and arrange a pickup since you're Irish' "

Which SSD was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Ordered a few things off Dabs a few weeks ago. A week later and they were still "processing". I contacted them to ask for an ETA and they basically said they had no idea.

Cancelled the ordered and bought somewhere else.

Monotype wrote: »
    Which SSD was it?

Kingston 64gb.

http://www.dabs.ie/products/kingston-64gb-ssdnow-v100-sata-300-2-5--solid-state-drive-782J.html

Edit: after doing a bit of reading around, it seems there's a known issue with the older firmware on this drive. http://www.kingston.com/support/ssdnow/v100_firmware.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I've ordered a lot from Dabs.ie in the past, probably 20+ orders, and they were all excellent, arriving within three days.

My last order howerever, required an RMA, and that was a nightmare (RE: lack of contactability). If they have enough of what you want, they're great (in my experience), their customer service however... leaves a lot to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

My first time ordering a few bits from Dabs.ie, was told it would be delivered today, 19/08. Went and checked the tracking number online and over the phone this morning and it can't be found. Rang Dabs up to be told that I won't have my stuff till late next week now and that I was informed by phone by a Dabs.ie customer service agent two days ago that there was a stock problem, no one from Dabs has rung me or left any messages.

Won't be ordering from them again :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Shiiit! was gonna do an order from them next week! Overclockers.co.uk is looking good again!

safetyboy wrote: »
    Shiiit! was gonna do an order from them next week! Overclockers.co.uk is looking good again!
    I'd go with Overclockers to be honest, I wasn't impressed with the excuses and lies I got over the phone from Dabs today.

You know how the saying goes; "first impressions are lasting impressions".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 redux

You can be very unlucky with Dabs. My latest order was through and out on delivery in 3 days.
    The customer service is operated out of India, I think, and they can't cope with anything off script.
    Best place for problem solving is the Dabs forum. Post your problem with the SO No. and you should get one of the Dabs guys to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

redux wrote: »
    You can be very unlucky with Dabs. My latest order was through and out on delivery in 3 days.
    The customer service is operated out of India, I think, and they can't cope with anything off script.
    Best place for problem solving is the Dabs forum. Post your problem with the SO No. and you should get one of the Dabs guys to sort it.

You actually got talking to someone? Since when does Dabs even have a phone number?

Best way to problem solve in my opinion is actually over the phone speaking to someone. I rang their phone customer service, they should be well able to deal with problem solving over the phone, after all is that not the point of phone customer service, I should not need to go to a forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 redux

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Best way to problem solve in my opinion is actually over the phone speaking to someone. I rang their phone customer service, they should be well able to deal with problem solving over the phone, after all is that not the point of phone customer service, I should not need to go to a forum.

Good Luck

i went with scan.co.uk, just as cheap and was dispatched in 1 hour, this morning! should be waiting for me in work on Monday i hope :)

Scan are fast but not that fast. In the past they've been about 4 working days. I'd say maybe Wednesday if they get it out quickly. Tuesday if you're lucky - Friday if you aren't!

Good Luck
    Tell me about it, just have to wait now for Parcelforce to decide when they will put my package on a plane, god knows when that will be.

• Advertisement

Monotype wrote: »
    Scan are fast but not that fast. In the past they've been about 4 working days. I'd say maybe Wednesday if they get it out quickly. Tuesday if you're lucky - Friday if you aren't!

Still in dispatch since Sunday, booo-urns!

Advertisement