Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IPhone on Meteor

• 28-06-2011 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi All,

Now that Meteor have the Iphone I'm finally taking the plunge. The contract on my current phone isn't up till Oct - I've heard though that Meteor will let you upgrade early - anyone any experiance of this ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Depends on your spend. My contract is up in Oct, 22nd or so, and I was told I would have to wait until August, but I'm not a massive user, only about 25 to 30 a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

They usually give about 2 months leeway when you upgrade.
    I got my early upgrade last year when I told them my phone had broke and vodafone offered me a free iphone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

Thanks for the replies folks ... I rang them yesterday and they weren't budging. I might pop into one of the shops at the weekend and see how I get on ... My bill is about 50 a month so we'll see ... I have a samsung galexy now for almost a year and while I though it was great at the start i've been suduced by apple :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Thanks for the replies folks ... I rang them yesterday and they weren't budging. I might pop into one of the shops at the weekend and see how I get on ... My bill is about 50 a month so we'll see ... I have a samsung galexy now for almost a year and while I though it was great at the start i've been suduced by apple :-)

No point in going to the shop for that reason - they can't push through an upgrade, will just end up ringing customer care for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Anyone had any joy with early upgrade from Meteor? I was told by guy in shop today that I could try customer service and request an early upgrade and see what they offer, called customer service and the agent was a complete goon. He did not have a clue and just said no.

I want the iPhone 4s for the 24 month contract, yet they won't let me upgrade early with the view of me staying with them for 2 more years at least? It doesn't make sense.

Has anyone had any joy with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Depends on how early you want it. Ive gotten an upgrade with 1 month left on the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 enrico99

Hi

I early ugraded two years running with meteor - 9 months into a 12 month contract and on the lowest plan. Delighted with meteor...

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

paulb06 wrote: »
    Anyone had any joy with early upgrade from Meteor? I was told by guy in shop today that I could try customer service and request an early upgrade and see what they offer, called customer service and the agent was a complete goon. He did not have a clue and just said no.

I want the iPhone 4s for the 24 month contract, yet they won't let me upgrade early with the view of me staying with them for 2 more years at least? It doesn't make sense.

Has anyone had any joy with them?

My contract was up 14th Feb and I thought, like you, that I would have no bother getting an early upgrade seeing as it was onto a dearer and longer plan.

How wrong was I? After months of begging for an early upgrade they eventually put it through on 10th of January!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ianabbott1

Well, im not really impressed with Metoer, i am in an 18 month contract with Meteor and contract in up MIDDLE OF MAY. Yes 2 months away, I really want a new phone like now hah, samsung galaxy 2 but meteor wont give in and said the earlies they COULD PUSH THROUGH it is nxt month, I mean with companies going bust every day do they not want to hang on to their customers, I have a good mind just moving to another network, does anyone knw what meteor would charge me for leaving contract 2 months early???????????
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

ianabbott1 wrote: »
    does anyone knw what meteor would charge me for leaving contract 2 months early???????????
    It would be your monthly commitment x2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭squonk

ianabbott1 wrote: »
    Well, im not really impressed with Metoer, i am in an 18 month contract with Meteor and contract in up MIDDLE OF MAY. Yes 2 months away, I really want a new phone like now hah, samsung galaxy 2 but meteor wont give in and said the earlies they COULD PUSH THROUGH it is nxt month, I mean with companies going bust every day do they not want to hang on to their customers, I have a good mind just moving to another network, does anyone knw what meteor would charge me for leaving contract 2 months early???????????

Is your current phone broken? If not, why not just wait the 4 weeks? Hell, if the phone is broken then just borrow a handset from a friend. Everybody has an old handset sitting in a drawer somewhere.

Advertisement