Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Caps on UPC.

• 28-06-2011 11:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭

Sorry if this was already answer, i did search but didnt find the answer.

What happens if you had a package with UPC, say the 25mb line, where there was unlimited downloads, no cap, and now with the new speeds, there is a cap.

Is this allowed? or do existing customers get to keep the unlimited download cap and only new ones are subjected to the cap. one of the main reasons i switched was the unlimted cap. they even advertised it on telly as uncapped, and now its changed??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

There was always a cap on the unlimited download there was a fair usage policy but all they are doing now is geting rid of the unlimited and just selling it with what was in the fair usage policy of the amount you were all ways allowed to download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

There was always a 250 GB fiar usage policy applied to the "unlimited" packs before. Now they just cal it as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

there was always the fair usage policy in their T&C's, but they actually only started enforcing the cap in January 2009 on the (then top) 20mbps package.

prior to that people had been pretty much downloading whatever they fancied with impunity. i was enquiring about caps when i signed up in november 2008 and had reports here of people downloading over 600gb per month even back then and not hearing a peep out of upc, but that all changed in january 09.

all that happens is, if you go over your limit consistently, they wil upgrade yo to the next higher package that is within the limits of whatever your download total was for the previous month.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DaraghMAC

Are these Monthly caps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭dunworth1

DaraghMAC wrote: »
    Are these Monthly caps?

yes

• Advertisement
Advertisement