Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merger: i102-104 + i105-107 = iRadio

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

The website has now changed to www.iradio.ie I can't seem to get the player to play since the merger. I can listen to i102104 on my mp3 player but not online. The player keeps stalling and is caught in a loop. Anybody else having this problem? Maybe they are just updating their new website and the media player at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Brian OD

MYOB wrote: »
    Whereas linking here over there gets you sent a snotty PM, generally...

As opposed to the public snotty finger-wagging you get here?

Anyway you're wrong. I know one of the mods very well and any rule which is very clearly stated does not warrant a pm - only in response to a query. However if you blatantly break the clearly stated rules of any site you can surely expect to be warned about it, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 johnjoebrady

Fran1985 wrote: »
    no he's gone too. Sad, That wasn't a bad show
    i listened to him on sunday and he didnt say anything about going hmmmm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

i heard the plan all along was to merge the two stations eventually, they set up i 105-107 to initially gain some ground in the already well served east of the country.
    i think they made a big mistake in axeing bernard and keith but dave o connor comes way cheaper, he is pretty amatuer but thinks he should be in rte, in reality he is going nowhere, fergal darcy is funny by times but can talk unmerciful crap at times and can make you just switch off, pete ganly was the brains of that operation and it was a bad move losing him.
    chris greene is an idiot but he is reasonably popular and comes cheap. mary mcgill was a disaster waiting to happen.
    i'd say it will be a fair battle between simon murdoch and mark cumming for the slot they are both currently occupying for now but one of them will eneviatibly be axed.
    all in all its sad to see so many people being axed and i think their new plan will backfire, trying to cover such a large area with mickey mouse presenters wont work. the station is in trouble with money but getting rid of most of the talent is a bad move. i hope to hear keith pop up somewhere soon he was good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

i heard the plan all along was to merge the two stations eventually,
    ;);););)
    Ssssshhhhh, we're not supposed to know about that......

yes its all very hush hush with the skelatel remains of presenters carrying on as if nothing happened!
    ah well it wont bother me, il follow the droves back to today fm, but i certainly wont be tuning into that talentless red eejit on 2fm who gets by on pretending to be hyper:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 November One

Interesting to note that with the merger of the NW and NE, Fergal D'Arcy now has a reach of 109,000 people. Ray Foley, broadcasting to the entire country, isn't much higher with a reach of 150,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hyperlogic

That reach is incorrect.

What you've done is added the reach from the two existing shows in that time frame. What you'll need to do is wait 12 months, then check his reach.

Could go up, could go down.

I personally think it will probably go up (so I'm not here to bash), as I think it's the kind of show that will polarize people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,594 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Brian OD wrote: »
    As opposed to the public snotty finger-wagging you get here?

Anyway you're wrong. I know one of the mods very well and any rule which is very clearly stated does not warrant a pm - only in response to a query. However if you blatantly break the clearly stated rules of any site you can surely expect to be warned about it, no?

There is a point when rules are either so pathetic, or require you to break copyright laws, that breaking them is entirely reasonable.

• Advertisement

There is a point when rules are either so pathetic, or require you to break copyright laws, that breaking them is entirely reasonable.
    I have read, and agree to abide by the Radiowaves Forums rules.

Did you totally miss that bit which you had tick when joining? If you didn't agree you shouldn't have joined, so you can't complain after the fact. Seems straightforward to me.

Hyperlogic wrote: »
    That reach is incorrect.

What you've done is added the reach from the two existing shows in that time frame. What you'll need to do is wait 12 months, then check his reach.

Could go up, could go down.

I personally think it will probably go up (so I'm not here to bash), as I think it's the kind of show that will polarize people.

polarize? how so?

Did you totally miss that bit which you had tick when joining? If you didn't agree you shouldn't have joined, so you can't complain after the fact. Seems straightforward to me.

I don't see where in their "rules" that gives an exemption from copyright law, such is their desire that you paste entire (copyrighted) newspaper articles or the like in rather than link to them due to their unnatural fear of hyperlinks. Ironically if other places had their fear, their forum would never have got any users or any Google placings...

This is getting wildly off topic, anyway.

The initial technical issues with the merger / networking seem to be going away, there were a few cases of DJs breaking out over the ad feed when recording calls (at least on 105107, I don't get in to the 102104 coverage area much)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

How did dave o connor survive and mary iTalk didnt? ****in disgrace, baastards!

The initial technical issues with the merger / networking seem to be going away, there were a few cases of DJs breaking out over the ad feed when recording calls (at least on 105107, I don't get in to the 102104 coverage area much)
    I wonder with the merger of the stations will the deviation levels of the 2 networks be matched now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Stay on topic please.

I'll remind you of the rule in our charter (and no, breaking them is NOT reasonable):

Unfair negative comments on the administration or moderation policies of other radio forums or web sites will be deleted and further action may be taken against the person who posts them.

• Advertisement

I don't see where in their "rules" that gives an exemption from copyright law, such is their desire that you paste entire (copyrighted) newspaper articles or the like in rather than link to them due to their unnatural fear of hyperlinks. Ironically if other places had their fear, their forum would never have got any users or any Google placings...

You need to check out copyright law, let alone the policies of the site you are now defaming and using this site to do so.

There are threads there dedicated solely to posting links; there's a promotions board where users are encouraged to post links and there is also a thread currently running that links to this board - making a mockery of your original complaint.

You need to check out your facts before having a go at moderation policies but, I ask again, why did you continue with your registration if you didn't agree with the forum's rules and knowing you fully intended not to abide by them and then went and had a moan on another board about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭mstan

How did dave o connor survive and mary iTalk didnt? ****in disgrace, baastards!

Dave O'Connor has actually been discussed in a number of threads here (including this one) and each time it seems to be concluded that he is way out of his depth on regional radio. The fact is the bosses kept him on rather than Bernard and Keith because he was the cheaper option. While paying much less wages to an ameteur to present a show may have seemed like a good move at the time its something Im sure the iRadio bosses will come to regret as morning listeners steadily turn over to other regional and national stations.

yes dave o connor comes way cheaper than bernard and keith but i cant see him lasting beyond the next cull as he sheds listners he belongs on hospital radio, brutal bad, the news presenter oonagh is way better and take her off the show and you couldnt listen to it

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

i miss italk with mary :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ellieD33

i cant listen to fergal darcy he gives me a headache and i really miss hazel

• Advertisement

You need to check out copyright law

Copying the entire contents of newspaper or magazine articles isn't allowable under Irish copyright law, even for the purposes of criticism or comment.

Copying the entire contents of newspaper or magazine articles isn't allowable under Irish copyright law, even for the purposes of criticism or comment.

So you blatantaly ignore moderators here too. I apologise in advance for staying off-topic but criticisms made by this person have been allowed to stay on this thread.

Check copyright law. I'll do it for you:

http://www.dit.ie/media/documents/library/Copyright-Guidelines.pdf

Contained within is a direct contradiction of your post and should clarify other issues for you.

every since it changed to iRadio, i can't find the fregunecy on my radio :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

allydylan wrote: »
    Your not missing much.....

aw ok, it's a pity, i still miss it even though it's been months

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

yes dave o connor comes way cheaper than bernard and keith but i cant see him lasting beyond the next cull as he sheds listners he belongs on hospital radio, brutal bad, the news presenter oonagh is way better and take her off the show and you couldnt listen to it

Ha, are ye mad! He'd kill half the patients in one show :P

allydylan wrote: »

The frequencies haven't changed, not even the RDS data has (its still IDed as two channels). Should still be 103.3 in Galway.
    Contained within is a direct contradiction of your post and should clarify other issues for you.

En-masse copying does not count as "fair dealing". Using someone else's summation of the law does not mean you actually understand it.

really? well i can't find it , that's strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Try 104.8, I know that works in Dublin.

will do, thanks :)

• Advertisement

folks believe it or not but i cant beliebve itrn myseklg but dvae ius actually got good! im well opissed now but dvave hgAS GOIT WELL CVLASS RINGBING PALM GALVIN WAS CALSS OONAGH HAS MAD E THE SJHOW KEEP IT UP DAVE WAY BWETGTER THAN DAry load of ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

folks believe it or not but i cant beliebve itrn myseklg but dvae ius actually got good! im well opissed now but dvave hgAS GOIT WELL CVLASS RINGBING PALM GALVIN WAS CALSS OONAGH HAS MAD E THE SJHOW KEEP IT UP DAVE WAY BWETGTER THAN DAry load of ****e
    nosebleed.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Err....

rds is now iRadio. Dunno if the two stations are af or eon'ed together yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Have they got rid of the roger sanchez show. Loved listening too it and i'm not into dance music at all.

i listen to it over the internet now, don't know why i didn't think of that before

rds is now iRadio. Dunno if the two stations are af or eon'ed together yet.

Noticed that the two i102-104 transmitters I can receive always read "i102-104".
    The i105-107 transmitters only read "iRadio" when they're broadcasting the same programs as 102-104. As I type this, it's reading "i105-107" with separate program material.

That might explain why I thought I was going mad with them showing i105107 at times still.

Awkward in the extreme, however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I often flick past this station on my car radio, and although I would only listen to it for a few mins, I cannot believe how often they use the 'i' term.

Its either iradio, imusic, ithis, ithat.

Jez, get over it will youse? Just cos your radio station starts with a letter you stole from the worlds top producer of MP3, tablets, phones, doesn't mean you are in any way like them.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    I often flick past this station on my car radio, and although I would only listen to it for a few mins, I cannot believe how often they use the 'i' term.

Its either iradio, imusic, ithis, ithat.

Jez, get over it will youse? Just cos your radio station starts with a letter you stole from the worlds top producer of MP3, tablets, phones, doesn't mean you are in any way like them.

Apple didn't introduce the concept of calling things with an iPrefix, btw. They nicked that idea in the first place. As they do with virtually everything.

They're also far from the top maker of phones in terms of volume.

I'd rather hope no radio station ever gets in to the mode of thinking its OK to gouge their customers for shoddy product, so not being like Apple is a good thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about Apple, but you get the gist of what I was saying anyway? Through your rage for Apple!

btw, I have never owned an Apple product, and probably never will, so I hear ye.

Advertisement