Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Happy Ultralisk

• 28-06-2011 11:41am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

01.jpg
    02.jpg
    03.jpg
    04.jpg
    05.jpg
    06.jpg
    07.jpg
    08.jpg
    09.jpg
    10.jpg
    11.jpg
    12.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I rate this thread 10/10.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I rate this thread 10/10.

Seconded.

(Should I feel sad for the death of an ultralisk though?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm not reading all of that, bullet points?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Orizio wrote: »

It takes less than 5 mins........

Ultralisk proud of his bashy head..
    ultralisk fails to defend the hive....
    ultralisk is sad.....
    patch updates his tusks...
    ultralisk has fun killing terrans...
    ultralisk hurts buddies...
    ultralisk is sad again......
    ultralisk feels unloved....
    ultralisk defends hive....
    ultralisk has an epiphany....
    ultralisk is happy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Orizio wrote: »
    • Ultralisk happy
    • Ultralisk called "trash"
    • Ultralisk sad
    • Ultralisk found purpose
    • Ultralisk happy

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

Summary: Ultralisks journey through the Starcraft 2 patches. Starts Happy, ends Happy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Are Ultras useful now? I stopped using them ages ago cos they seemed expensive & useless; but have been hearing that, actually, they're quite lethal in an army now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

They break terran sieges quite nicely. With +3/+3 and their +2 armour they can tank siege tank hits and marines quite efficiently. If you open with Zerglings and keep ahead on upgrades you can delay banelings for longer and hit your third pretty fast. Then harass with mutas or grab infestors for any potential attacks and transition into ultalisks. If the game continues, take a fourth and transition into broodlords with +3/+3 broodlings.

When infestors are up and aren't being used defensively, use them to snipe medivacs, marines or scvs with fungal growth. Banelings for the last ditch defense as they approach your base. Keep queen count high throughout and things work out quite nicely.

Versus Protoss, Ultralisks are pretty excellent versus large stalker armies or the inevitable Collossus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Interesting, must start throwing out a few ultras and seeing what happens. Particularly if you say they're good against mass stalkers because the 'toss deathball gets me everytime.

Btw, way off topic now - when getting a third, I'm never sure if I should be saturating that mineral line too or not, so usually only have 6/7 workers on it. How many drones is too many?

Advertisement