Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling a non-runner

Options
  • 28-06-2011 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

What is the best place to sell a broken car that won't start?

I have a car whose engine was damaged when the timing belt failed. The cost of repairing the engine is likely greater than the replacement value of the car (either option is around €1500).

Surely there is residual value to be extracted by someone, if only for parts or scrap metal, or by someone who can do the repair cheaply? What are my options and where am I likely to get the best price?

The car is a '00 Renault Megane. It has full options and brand new tyres, and is in good condition other than the obvious catastrophic engine damage. :/

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

www.donedeal.ie

It's not valuable in that state however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I sold a 2001 Megane Scenic with timing belt failure on adverts.ie on the first day for asking €450 so it's worth trying there.

Advertisement