Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For all the Downloaders

• 28-06-2011 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭

Free software that allows you to monitor how much you have Downloaded/Uploaded

It can be set for Daily weekly and monthly usage

Quite discreet as well as its only an icon in the taskbar

Will make it a lot easier to know when you are about to hit your target:D

http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Just to add to the above if I may; if, like me, you are super unfortunate enough to be lumbered with Buttockcom®™ Heavy Industries, they have their own freebie too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

If your downloading torrents and using µTorrent it keeps track of all bandwidth used as well and has a detailed enough breakdown of it.

Those completely legal Linux ISO's can use a lot of bandwidth if your downloading lots of different ones each day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Why is this in Arcade & Retro :confused:

Also, as Steve says, most programmes have their own monitoring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Its in here because we all need to source our backups somewhere and they can use up quite a lot of space

Never realised that you could check how much you downloaded off the torrents

Just checked and Mine popped up at 120GB this month:o:eek:

And thats not including what i have got from other sites:eek:

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Its in here because we all need to source our backups somewhere and they can use up quite a lot of space

Don't feel to bad. µTorrent says my total traffic up and down this month is 1.9TB. And it's been a slow month :D

Well they did give me a 200mb beta line :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I thought we were'nt allowed to talk about D/L backups?

Tallon wrote: »
    I thought we were'nt allowed to talk about D/L backups?

We are not allowed to link to them or post up rom sites

Disscussion of broadband should be ok though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

200mb line? :eek:

I remember when the 85MB Half Life update needed to play multiplayer took 7 and a half hours to download. And I can remember thinking that was fast!

o1s1n wrote: »
    200mb line? :eek:

I remember when the 85MB Half Life update needed to play multiplayer took 7 and a half hours to download. And I can remember thinking that was fast!

Yeah, its a nice line. Was fast but crappy for the first few weeks while they ironed out the problems(par for the course as a beta tester).

But anyone can get a 100mb line from them now it your local exchange has the new fat pipes. Most people should be happy enough with the 30mb connection to be honest.

Master of the Universe

And here was me thinking my 8Mb line was adequate :D

• Advertisement

And here was me thinking my 8Mb line was adequate :D
    8MB! that must be with Eircom is it?
    I think UPC are now offering 20 or 30mb as the basic starter package.

I checked my speed on the upc site and it clocked in at 17.3Mbs

Im on the 25Mb line :eek:

Seems you dont get what you pay for:(

Is there the same stupid scenario like buying a computer with 4GB ram and it only turns out to be 3.7?

(I know that 1024*1024*1024 is the way the comp works it out and salesmen just put 0000s at the end:rolleyes:)

Steve SI wrote: »
    8MB! that must be with Eircom is it?
    I think UPC are now offering 20 or 30mb as the basic starter package.

12mb starter (120GB Target) then 25mb(250GB Target) are the 1st 2 packs

12mb starter (120GB Target) then 25mb(250GB Target) are the 1st 2 packs

Yeah, I think the 12mb is gone or going and the 25 is the new starter.
    Maybe give them a ring and see about getting upgraded for free.

Master of the Universe

It's UPC. I didn't set it up so have no idea what it's mean to be - just did a speed test on the line and the max it was doing was 8Mb.

I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it was advertised at 8Mb though!

It's UPC. I didn't set it up so have no idea what it's mean to be - just did a speed test on the line and the max it was doing was 8Mb.

I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it was advertised at 8Mb though!

I'd seriously give them a call. You'll get a free upgrade out of it.
    They'll send you or the account holder out a new bband box or maybe all it needs is a small change remotely.

Worth a go, you might end up with a nice upgrade to 25mb, or even 12 would be better.
    More is better, right?

Yeah, I think the 12mb is gone or going and the 25 is the new starter.
    Maybe give them a ring and see about getting upgraded for free.

Going to have a chat to them next week and see what they can do for me

I have the all in 1 bundle tv phone and broadband so if its reasonable enough i would go for the 100Mb line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

UPC are díckheads, my missus rang them up one day because the TV was acting up when they came out they realised that we had the best signal ever coming into our house but our router / set top box wasn't handling the power and choking out.
    She forced them to upgrade us to the recordable tv box set up thingy and a new router also she got us €15 off our bill per month :D

pdbhp wrote: »
    UPC are díckheads, my missus rang them up one day because the TV was acting up when they came out they realised that we had the best signal ever coming into our house but our router / set top box wasn't handling the power and choking out.
    She forced them to upgrade us to the recordable tv box set up thingy and a new router also she got us €15 off our bill per month :D

Cant understand how they could be dickheads when they done that for you:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cry1

Free software that allows you to monitor how much you have Downloaded/Uploaded

It can be set for Daily weekly and monthly usage

Quite discreet as well as its only an icon in the taskbar

Will make it a lot easier to know when you are about to hit your target:D

http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/

Thanks for the link, I will try it out.

• Advertisement

Cant understand how they could be dickheads when they done that for you:confused:

well when the tv station went it made me miss the Champions League semi final which píssed me off then i had to deal with a really stupid bloke from UPC trapesing around my house who smelt like he had crapped himself.

They're not too bad though as they're usually fast coming out to rectify any problems

well when the tv station went it made me miss the Champions League semi final which píssed me off then i had to deal with a really stupid bloke from UPC trapesing around my house who smelt like he had crapped himself.

They're not too bad though as they're usually fast coming out to rectify any problems

What is this Champions League you speak of?

Some retro game tournament?

What is this Champions League you speak of?

Some retro game tournament?

yes:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

If you want to talk about how long your connection is take it on over to the broadband forum. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Careful, good with electronics and obviously spends a lot of time not in the company of others, he probably posts here, or at least in the Xbox forum ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement