Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA & FEES Question

Options
  • 28-06-2011 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

I'm applying for the BTEA at the moment as well as filling on the grant form for the service charge fees.

I already hold a level 7 qualification back in 1998. But I did attend UL for a year in 1996 but didn't finish the course.

Would I still be eliable for the btea/fees for a level 8 course I've got this year or the fact I already attended but didn't finish a level 8 course 15 yrs ago come against me

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

As you are progressing and haven't been to college in the last 5 years I would imagine you'd be given BTEA once you satisfy the social welfare time requirements (I think flexibility on these depend on who opens your application) best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DAVIDDOLAN

When they say that you have to be on Social welfare for 9 months before you can apply does that mean that you have to be on a Social welfare payment for 9 months in a row.??? Because I have been on the dole on off for the past 2 years but It has not been for 9 months in a row

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

DAVIDDOLAN wrote: »
    When they say that you have to be on Social welfare for 9 months before you can apply does that mean that you have to be on a Social welfare payment for 9 months in a row.??? Because I have been on the dole on off for the past 2 years but It has not been for 9 months in a row

That's a very good question. I think you should really just go into your local SWO to find out for certain as they do make allowances for specific cases.

I cancelled a holiday this year for this very reason not to break my JB payments as I really want this and didn't want any complications

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6 simply_j

Hi guys,

The 9 months is cumulative not consecutive.

Only posting as I am 100% sure on this.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DAVIDDOLAN

Okey so what does cumulative not consecutive mean??, Not to sound stupid here but I have never heard the word cumulative in my life and I think im a smart enough guy,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Okey so what does cumulative not consecutive mean??, Not to sound stupid here but I have never heard the word cumulative in my life and I think im a smart enough guy,

It means, 9 months over a certain period. Say for example 9 months out of 15.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6 simply_j

Jesus, I dont know what to make of that comment.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=cumulative

Advertisement